Sign in to follow this  
captain420

EZDOK v2 or Chaseplane for P3D v4?

Chaseplane all the way. Not only is the software superior, easy to use, and set up the cameras yourself, they include a community download feature where you can download cameras made by other users. And to boot, they also have one of the best support service I've ever seen! They also seem to have the patience of a saint too, especially after dealing with my very unorthodox P3D v3 install(symlinked every addon I could outside the v3 main install).

So my vote is, choose Chaseplane, you will not regret it! Even if it is still in alpha, it has many more features than EZDOK v2. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is somewhat unfair. You only need to look at what the EZdok dev is doing to see how in depth and detailed his programming is. I don't think you can go wrong with either tbh.Check the latest 2.5 build to see what EZdok is capable of and how easy it is to setup and customise. It's very in-depth and very cool....

And a fully V4 compatible version is apparently being released this week!

On 5/30/2017 at 11:56 PM, captain420 said:

I was currently using EZDok 1.18 i believe it was with P3D v3 previously, but now that P3D v4 is here I'm not sure whether to upgrade to EZDok v2 or switch to Chaseplane. Need your opinions on which would be the better one for the new 64bit platform.

Did you try adding it to the exe.xml ?  It's an external app and use Simconnect.  My thought is that it should just work?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

For me, its somehow mixed feelings.  While I like ChasePlane for its UI look and the Cinematic views, I had a problem with its performance in P3D v3.4. I have installed/uninstalled many times ChasePlane and EZdok v2 and it seems that EZdok v2 has better performance on my system. It uses less CPU and the mouse panning is smoother. For me performance and view panning smoothness are paramount. Also, I like the discreet look of EZdok. For example I don't need to know that the camera system is starting. Its UI is very easy to use in my opinion. Maybe its not black, but its easy and fast. Now, when EZdok v4 is out for P3D v4, I'll test again and evaluate.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I finally got ChasePlane, thanks to you guys and am happy with my purchase! Money well spent. Definitely won't be going back to EZDok, it's amazing. I love how intuitive and how easy it is to use and those Static airport cams are awesome! I can definitely recommend this add-on for anyone that is looking for a great camera addon for P3D. I had the choice to spend $12 to upgrade to EZDok, but listened to you guys and I'm glad I did. Thanks again!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 5/31/2017 at 2:07 PM, curt1 said:

I'd be quite happy if the previous EZdok 1.185 worked in P3D v4.  Anyone install that and got it to work?

Good question. I want to know this too. Anyone tried? Don't want to buy a new version when this meets my needs. 

Free update for EZdok 2 coming. 

http://ezdok-camera.com/node/59

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I chose EzDok when v2 was released because the great upgrade price from v1. If I was to purchase either at full price it would be a tough choice. ChasePlane's developer is very active each day and quick to respond, EzDok has a developer that is not based in the west and English is not his first language. He releases updates less regularly. The negatives of ChasePlane are big though, much bigger performance hit than EzDok, and worst of all you are required to keep an internet connection. If ChasePlane's servers go down, and I have watched streams where just after the streamer explained how EzDok is horrible and ChasePlane superior they run into bugs with views having to restart ChasePlane and once their servers went down for over an hour making the product useless because it needs a connection to the developer server. If your internet is unreliable you may find during a flight ChasePlane drops connection to the servers and you cannot use it.

If you use FSX in full screen mode, the in-game UI is not supported. The positives of Chaseplane are a better interface, community sharing making it easier to quickly get views, and you can talk to the developer with suggestions and in days or even hours a fix can come. Chaseplane is more expensive which I did not appreciate, this was before EzDok v2 was released and he could have priced his addon cheaper to appeal to more people, instead of what I felt was a pure money grab expecting the community to be forced to use his new product.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Free update for EZdok 2 coming. 

http://ezdok-camera.com/node/59

Great news about EZdok v2 64bits... Can't wait. :)

I have both ChasePlane and EZdok, and while I admit ChasePlane looks better I still prefer (and always come back to) EZdok v2 mainly because of its much nicer TIR integration (and its 'more immersive effects' - very subjective yes). 

ChasePlane plus : Already P3D4 compatible, Community feature, Well designed UI, Frequent updates, English support, UI works in full screen, ...

ChasePlane cons : internet connection required, limited Track IR integration (try setting a Flight Engineer view in the Connie for example), no additional vibrations/FX caused by drag (landing gear, flaps, spoilers, ailerons, AOA,... ). 

EZdok plus : it works (but you have to RTFM), works without internet connection, more immersive (and tune-able) effects (for me), much better Track IR integration with additional ease... 

EZdok cons : Not P3D4 compatible yet, Limited support (mainly due to non native English speaking dev), UI doesn't work in full screen... 

They are both great software.

Cheers. 

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Wrong information here: Chaseplane is not compatible with current version of P3Dv4.

When trying to run it with v4, I get the incompatibility window popup.

Well I have both and EZDOK 2.0 is the winner local here :-)

Waiting for the 2.5 update...

• Upvote 1

André

I always liked EZDOK, and with v2, it became my one stop for cameras.

I bought Chaseplane because I was actually curious, but at that moment because it was said to be compatible NOW with v4... which is not.

So right now I am little pi**ed if you know what I mean...

2 hours ago, SimonC said:

Wrong information here: Chaseplane is not compatible with current version of P3Dv4.

When trying to run it with v4, I get the incompatibility window popup.

Did you enable developmental builds in the options to get the latest version?

Obviously not... thank you.

Now let's see what this is all about...