Sign in to follow this  
captain420

EZDOK v2 or Chaseplane for P3D v4?

EZDOK is my one and only choice. At $12 upgrade price, it's a steal! IMO

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well, I played with it for an hour now or so.

While it does seem quite well developed, I must admit, it is a pain to set up.

Since it basically tries to do everything, you have to set up basically everything, from the spot view outside, towards all inner cameras and effects. Some can be imported, alright, but still lot of work - per aircraft... that aside though (I don't consider it a minus...), on the positive side: really lots of options, I touched only a portion of it. Really awesome what they thought of, way more options than EZDOK!

But, the killer for me: Gimbal!? Useless and even more useless.

After seeing what EZCA does here, CP pulls a short one here.

In my opinion one of the best inventions EZDOK did, gives me x-times more immersion than anything else.

Maybe reporting it will make them consider doing it at least as good as EZDOK, and then... it will be worthy ;-)

Interesting topic. I am a FSX user planning to move over to P3Dv4 in the near future and have never owned EZDok or ChasePlane. I would like to purchase one of them someday. From what I have seen so far, I like the simple UI of ChasePlane and have a few other products from that developer and like the work they do so far. 

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Yeah, Chaseplane def looks nicer on the front end for sure, but the EZdok dev is going some way towards addressing some of the more in-depth parts of his code to make things way easier to setup. The new 2.5, if you care yo check the video, showcases the importing of standard cameras from stock aircraft and a way more simplified way of creating cameras from anywhere. Add to that the painstaking detail to making his effects look like real life by flying in and comparing his code to real life and i think you end up with a way more in-depth package.

And yes, in the past his updates and support have been thin on the ground, but now there's a proper website and active development.

Both good, and great to have some healthy competition, but my money went with EZdok due to its detail and passion and that's what i crave in the end.

How do you keep EZCAv2 in P3Dv3 and Chaseplane only in P3dV4 ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Set up EZCA to start only through exe.xml from P3Dv3 and set up Chaseplane to open only with v4?

EZdok Camera 2.5 is under closed beta test in P3D v.4 and already works perfectly with full functionality without exception. Excellent work also features a smooth zoom and static (world) camera, the performance of which ChasePlane version P3D4 has not yet been confirmed. The release of EZCA for Prepar3D 4 is expected next week and he will not be paid for all owners EZCA2.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

2 hours ago, SimonC said:

Set up EZCA to start only through exe.xml from P3Dv3 and set up Chaseplane to open only with v4?

Did that but it does not work,

as soon as i starts P3Dv4 it removes EZDOK entrys in V3

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've found Chaseplane a bit of a pain......constantly disconnected in P3D v3.4 and now I'm trying it pending EZDOK 2 coming out for P3D v4 I can't get it to use the pan switch. I may well be incorrect but generally I'm finding with Chaseplane once your in a camera you're stuck with it so unless you want to set up lots of cameras..........

Graham McAllister

Well, that is also it's advantage, I think.

In EZCA, you have a combo of EZCA Cams and default P3D cams... like spot view.

That also means that aircraft like Majestic Dash are limited to the non-floating outside spot view panning.

MJ Dash hasn't be released for v4 yet, but I guess, since CP external cams are floating (as in smoothly panning), and this is P3D-independable, there is no limitation with Dash in that case. However you do have to set up lots of cameras if you want lots of cameras, even default ones.

I have a 3 monitor setup and use TrackIR all the time.

Which camera do you think would better suit me or enhance my experience?

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Good day,

anybody know how to adjust to normal angle in EZdok V2 ?

tks!

34723225400_0d1b3b9a9c_b.jpg

34299916663_bfefe9f1d6_b.jpg

34723225680_3b67a5d62b_b.jpg

35 minutes ago, cacey said:

X and Ctrl+X

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

If not mistaken, you can set the keyboard assignments to that through the menu.

18 hours ago, cacey said:

Good day,

tks!

34723225400_0d1b3b9a9c_b.jpg

34299916663_bfefe9f1d6_b.jpg

34723225680_3b67a5d62b_b.jpg

From memory you right click on the camera and reset position or similar option. it returns the position to the center and level of the airplane and you can edit the camera again to move to the desired position. the X and control + X tilt the view