Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Poppet, I'm annoyed with you

That post was my last.it was a humorous post ,not offensive to anyone.yet you change the title

and then lock it.that's me done.

steve

Edited by Poppet
edited Title to reflect post
  • Upvote 2

Yep  found  your post(  

) was a  funny  and  good  one,  dont  know  why  it  was  locked  so quickly   and  seen  others  drag  on  for  days

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Maybe the original title was offensive to LM. Just sayin'

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Probably locked because of a bit of a misleading thread title at a point where with P3D V4 having just been released and people possibly searching for useful info etc, it might possibly cause confusion. Personally, I thought it was funny, but I can sort of understand why the possibility of it muddying the waters a bit when people are searching for useful news on the new version of P3D, it could be regarded as being a bit unhelpful.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've been into flight simulation for many years. I'm now at 50 yrs old. Is it me, or is Avsim turning into a Kindergarden? Recently I have come across such childish posts..I have always found the site very informative, but recently very strange. A lot of "fighting" as if we are on a kiddies games site...maybe it's just my impression..any of us more "senior" guys wish to comment? I'm a donor, but i'm amazed at the posts reflecting recently..including this thread...

• Upvote 9

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Most moderators nowadays are too trigger happy. You have to be more respectful and forgiving as your responsibility grows.

Locking a topic is like, in a conversation, telling someone to shut up. Forums are like people chatting in real life by means of computers and a server. We are not looking at people's faces, so we have to try harder to see what the other person meant in their post.

People sometimes drift in conversations (what forums refer to as offtopic) and that's normal, people DO that, but it's often seen as a reason as to lock a thread.

Modern times i guess.

• Upvote 4

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Sometimes we all say things meant humourously with no intent of malice at all.  Because we're all different - and our interpretations vary, a  public forum like Avsim is forced to moderate in a way which protects itself.  I wouldn't take it personally - it wasn't meant that way I wouldn't have thought.  We've all gaffed at some point or another.     For what it's worth, I also though the original was funny.

13 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I've been into flight simulation for many years. I'm now at 50 yrs old. Is it me, or is Avsim turning into a Kindergarden? Recently I have come across such childish posts..I have always found the site very informative, but recently very strange. A lot of "fighting" as if we are on a kiddies games site...maybe it's just my impression..any of us more "senior" guys wish to comment? I'm a donor, but i'm amazed at the posts reflecting recently..including this thread...

Nope, it isn't just you, I've noticed it too. Having said that, I'm all in favour of a bit of humour, so long as it is genuinely funny, not too juvenile in nature, and in the right forum (i.e. should be in Hangar Chat really)

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, steve howlett said:

That post was my last.it was a humorous post ,not offensive to anyone.yet you change the title

and then lock it.that's me done.

steve

Steve, there is a private message function. You don't have to make a public announcement out of your personal issues with forum moderation.

Just hover your mouse over the name of the person you want to pm and click message.

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Nope, it isn't just you, I've noticed it too. Having said that, I'm all in favour of a bit of humour, so long as it is genuinely funny, not too juvenile in nature, and in the right forum (i.e. should be in Hangar Chat really)

thank you sir. I really value your posts and insight....always take note of your informative input. Keep it up!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hello,

I have moved this Topic to Hanger Chat as its more suited there 

Try and stay relevant to the Topic Title

All nice comments about me will be hidden  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Poppet said:

All nice comments about me will be hidden  

What about the not so nice comments? ;)

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

What about the not so nice comments? ;)

Hello Karsten,

There fine,  As i said lets stay on Topic 

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

+1  Spot on