Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Poppet, I'm annoyed with you

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

I'm now at 50 yrs old. Is it me, or is Avsim turning into a Kindergarden?

Are you sure you are 50?  Your comments certainly do not reflect your maturity.  I found your comments very offensive (and all in one post!).  Our Moderators are volunteers who dedicate some of their valuable time to try to keep the peace and moderate the forums.  Your comments do not make it easy for our volunteers to perform their duties.  Certainly I will make a mistake as well as anyone else who volunteers to help out a community but comments like yours are unwarranted.  Next time you get frustrated at one of our volunteers, take a deep breath and move on!  Let's try to keep this community respectful of others and one where we can all enjoy this great hobby of ours.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

14 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

take a deep breath and move on!

AKA Suck it up. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Are you sure you are 50?  Your comments certainly do not reflect your maturity.  I found your comments very offensive (and all in one post!).  Our Moderators are volunteers who dedicate some of their valuable time to try to keep the peace and moderate the forums.  Your comments do not make it easy for our volunteers to perform their duties.  Certainly I will make a mistake as well as anyone else who volunteers to help out a community but comments like yours are unwarranted.  Next time you get frustrated at one of our volunteers, take a deep breath and move on!  Let's try to keep this community respectful of others and one where we can all enjoy this great hobby of ours.

Hi...I don't think these forums are the right place to express ones ideas. I never want to get into "online fighting". I don't think you understood me. I was defending the Moderator. I was talking about the comments which were directed to the moderator which i found out of place..I don't understand your reply. I was totally in agreement with you. And I am all for the volunteers. And i have always been respectful of all members. I think a bit of misunderstanding here...What I meant is the moderators receive unfair comments. And it appeared to me it's from a younger community of ours....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Are you sure you are 50?  Your comments certainly do not reflect your maturity.  I found your comments very offensive (and all in one post!)

How the h, e, double hockey sticks does this help anyone. I get it, moderators are people too and get frustrated just like the rest of us, but if you're going to preach a standard of conduct... try not to stoke the fire.

A simple p.m. could have cleared this up.

The biggest problem with online communications, you can't inflect tone or use body language... the most important part of communicating with another person in real life.

It doesn't take long to realize there can be wildly different perspectives on any post on any subject.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

...... I don't think you understood me. I was defending the Moderator. I was talking about the comments which were directed to the moderator which i found out of place..I don't understand your reply....

I think Jim must have misunderstood you. I certainly understood you were defending the moderator and agree with your sentiment. 

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

7 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

I've been into flight simulation for many years. I'm now at 50 yrs old. Is it me, or is Avsim turning into a Kindergarden? Recently I have come across such childish posts..I have always found the site very informative, but recently very strange. A lot of "fighting" as if we are on a kiddies games site...maybe it's just my impression..any of us more "senior" guys wish to comment? I'm a donor, but i'm amazed at the posts reflecting recently..including this thread...

I don't necessarily agree with you, Peter, but it's a reasonable point of view and it seems very clear that you were posting in support of the mods so I'm not sure how we ended up where we did! :huh:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I agree.  I misinterpreted Peter's comments but posts around his, such as the next post down, indicates moderators are trigger happy and smoke started coming out of my ears.

I am still unhappy with his comments as his post can be misinterpreted and could be could be considered inciting when you use words like "Kindergarden" and "childish".  There is a lot going on here with the release of P3DV4 and FSW and I apologize for pulling the "trigger" too soon.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

For the very first time since I joined AVSIM, and started reading the forum topics, I find myself disagreeing with you. I have always admired you, your comments, the help you have unselfishly handed out on so many topics and your incredible work with AVSIM.  Whilst your comment will NOT change my mind, I thought it somewhat out of place.

Please, please keep up your good work and know that you have my support

Regards

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

When you are sitting around a pub chatting other things are going on like eye contact, body language, hand movement etc. When posting on here humor can get lost as the delivery method is missing those key elements, and yes it also becomes a more politically correct and sterile environment compared to one on one social interaction as what your are posting becomes a public record as soon as you hit Submit.

Some get the humor in things, some won't, mods have a tough job.....in the words of the great Rodney Dangerfield:

35465019.jpg

Matthew Kane

I am seeing several post locked by a new mod here saying that the question was answered. The question may have been answered but I was interested in the responses and discussion about the answer. I do think too many good informative post are being closed and hope that, as an information forum AVSIM would allow such discussions. As long as a post does not stoop to name calling or personal insults why cannot they continue?

• Upvote 4

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

9 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I am seeing several post locked by a new mod here saying that the question was answered. The question may have been answered but I was interested in the responses and discussion about the answer. I do think too many good informative post are being closed and hope that, as an information forum AVSIM would allow such discussions. As long as a post does not stoop to name calling or personal insults why cannot they continue?

Simply because while *most* of them fall into what Jim said about being members of the community dedicating their time to help, etc. etc., and are good and fair folks, like *in all other orders of life*, some of them clearly are not, and are not responsible enough to handle the "power" of being a moderator. Pretty sad, but true...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, warbirds said:

why cannot they continue

Trouble is, some threads have posts that are either irrelevant or just go no further to fully explore. In the end the thread just becomes an avenue to post a comment, and yet another comment..........and goes on ad infinitum.

Look at this thread. A  misunderstood post by Peter Webber trundled along when it could have been brought to a closure without the brick-bats.

Some threads just don't have the legs to carry on, so it is right that Moderators have the authority to lock it. I have supported every locked thread that I have read lately, as it made sense to do so.

With what Rick just said, I have to agree and this thread is past it consume by date.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator