Sign in to follow this  
mawibo

P3Dv4

Hi all,

The latest release of SimLauncherX seems to be compatible with P3Dv4 out of the box. You just need to change the simulator settings in the Global settings and make sure all your P3D profiles point to the correct folders. The easiest thing to do is to delete the SimLauncherX.P3D.Settings.xml file, open the SimLauncherX.Profiles.xml file and delete all your P3D profiles, start SLX, create your P3D settings and profiles and rebuild the database.

Unfortunately it is not (yet) possible to use P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 side by side within SLX. I will try to make this possible, just as I have done with FSX and FSX-SE.

If you find any issues with P3Dv4, please let me know.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten!

It doesn't allow me to renew the database.Before I can click on"Rebuild all",it is greyed out.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Are you sure the simulator is not running when you try to rebuild the database?

thanks, Maarten

SimLauncherX gets stuck on the ..Allow SimLauncher access to GeoIPTool.com screen. Click on yes or no SL freezes. Using p3dv4 on network computers.

Thanks

Maurice Jones

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Hi Maurice,

Most likely the problem has nothing to do with the GeoIPTool question. Can you please send me your [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.log file? Without the log file I cannot determine what causes SLX to hang.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maurice,

I found and fixed the issue. You can download a new version here.

thanks, Maarten

On 5/31/2017 at 0:10 PM, mawibo said:

Hi all,

The latest release of SimLauncherX seems to be compatible with P3Dv4 out of the box. You just need to change the simulator settings in the Global settings and make sure all your P3D profiles point to the correct folders. The easiest thing to do is to delete the SimLauncherX.P3D.Settings.xml file, open the SimLauncherX.Profiles.xml file and delete all your P3D profiles, start SLX, create your P3D settings and profiles and rebuild the database.

Unfortunately it is not (yet) possible to use P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 side by side within SLX. I will try to make this possible, just as I have done with FSX and FSX-SE.

If you find any issues with P3Dv4, please let me know.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten, SimLauncherX looks amazing! Does it offer anything more than FS Commander? Also, would it be possible to post some simple install instructions for P3D V4 for dimwits like me!?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard,

Installation is relatively simple:

1. install the application
  2. run the application and a dialog appears where you have to set the relevant folder locations:
    SimLauncherX-325.jpg
  3. after clicking on 'Save', the database will be created (takes a couple of minutes)
  4. enjoy!

I still have to update the user guide, but most of the features speak for themselves. If anything is unclear, please let me know.

If you have a Navigraph/NavDataPro subscription, don't forget to install the AIRAC cycle data for SimLauncherX and select 'Use AIRAC cycle data' on the Home ribbon tab.

What does it offer more than FS Commander? 

• several map styles
  • all sorts of map overlays: weather, time zones and day/night indication, NAT, PACOTS and AUSOTS tracks, KML-data, country borders, IVAO/VATSIM pilots and controllers, Mapillary street level image sequences, track vector, user aircraft trail, AI-aircraft/boats etc.
  • application launcher
  • flight instruments
  • G1000 PFD and MFD
  • PMDG 737/777 CDU's
  • flight computer
  • flight recorder
  • data monitor,
  • file size explorer,
  • RAAS simulation,
  • fleet management (a la WAMA)
  • simulator process monitor (FPS and more)
  • .bgl file viewer
  • traffic .bgl file viewer
  • logbook manager

Hope you like it,

Maarten

Maarten,

I'm loving your amazing tool (with P3Dv4) and was almost forced to renew my Navigraph subscription. I've installed AIRAC 1710 but the "Use AIRAC Cycle" button on the Home tab is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

George

Hi George,

The button is disabled when there's no cycle_info.txt file in the [Documents]\SimLauncherX\NavData folder. Are you sure you have set the Addon Mapping for SimLauncherX correctly in Navigraph's FMS Data Manager?

thanks, Maarten

Brilliant! Thanks for the quick response...indeed I had pointed Navigraph to the the wrong SimLauncherX folder. It's all good now sir.

George.

Hi Maarten!

I 've read the entire manual twice,but didn't find anything about the"speaking"map!

It tells me"altimeter" with the word ALTM Setting on the map.

Where do I find explanations for it ?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

I've also read that the manual is not containing newer features.Is this a new one?

Hi Scott,

The manual is not quite up to date unfortunately. You can look in the change log (Home|About|Change log) for descriptions of recent features. The 'speaking' map is actually the RAAS simulation which was added in version 5.9.6403.476.

thanks, Maarten

On 9/27/2017 at 9:47 PM, mawibo said:

Hi Howard,

Installation is relatively simple:

1. install the application
  2. run the application and a dialog appears where you have to set the relevant folder locations:
    SimLauncherX-325.jpg
  3. after clicking on 'Save', the database will be created (takes a couple of minutes)
  4. enjoy!

I still have to update the user guide, but most of the features speak for themselves. If anything is unclear, please let me know.

If you have a Navigraph/NavDataPro subscription, don't forget to install the AIRAC cycle data for SimLauncherX and select 'Use AIRAC cycle data' on the Home ribbon tab.

What does it offer more than FS Commander? 

• several map styles
  • all sorts of map overlays: weather, time zones and day/night indication, NAT, PACOTS and AUSOTS tracks, KML-data, country borders, IVAO/VATSIM pilots and controllers, Mapillary street level image sequences, track vector, user aircraft trail, AI-aircraft/boats etc.
  • application launcher
  • flight instruments
  • G1000 PFD and MFD
  • PMDG 737/777 CDU's
  • flight computer
  • flight recorder
  • data monitor,
  • file size explorer,
  • RAAS simulation,
  • fleet management (a la WAMA)
  • simulator process monitor (FPS and more)
  • .bgl file viewer
  • traffic .bgl file viewer
  • logbook manager

Hope you like it,

Maarten

Hi Maarten, apologies for not replying sooner. This looks great. I am going to download and install today! Thanks for all your hard work.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776