Sign in to follow this  
GermanCaptain

Warning on loading

Hello,

I have a small Problem to be solved.

For a couple of flights now, I noticed a Warning message when I loaded the NGX. When loading was finished, before initialization, a message box popped up saying:

"Unable to allocate memory for FS runways matching"

But this Message seemingly has no influence on the aircraft, as everything works fine afterwards.

This only happens when loading the NGX. Yes, I did load a default aircraft first and yes, I did pay for the 737. 

Has anybody come across a similar issue?

Best Regards

Just now, GermanCaptain said:

"Unable to allocate memory for FS runways matching"

I don't recognize this as one of ours, but that doesn't mean that it isn't.

Are you running the sim as an admin? What is the health of your FSX and/or OS drive? What kind of space is remaining on those drives?

Kyle Rodgers

Could of course be anything else, but I only noticed with the NGX.

Yes, FSX is running as admin and the according hard drive is ingood condition with approximately 50 GB unoccupied.

6 minutes ago, GermanCaptain said:

Could of course be anything else, but I only noticed with the NGX.

Yes, FSX is running as admin and the according hard drive is ingood condition with approximately 50 GB unoccupied.

Full names in the forum, please.

Are you running any anti-virus program?

Kyle Rodgers

I've been hanging around here for some time now and never have seen this error message either. Was what you provided exactly what the message says?

I don't know why you are loading a default aircraft first, this is not recommended and is discouraged in the Introduction document.  It is important to assign a default aircraft to the default selection but don't select it.  Rather, always start with the select free flight screen and the default aircraft should be spinning in the little window before you select the NGX or load a pre saved NGX flight.

Simply type your full name on each post, or set it up for automatic signature as most of us do.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry for the inconvenience with my name...I thought this

was set as standard. How do I activate the option to automatically paste my full name?

17 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Are you running any anti-virus program?

Yes, I do use Avira

Interestingly, the message didn't come up when loading the NGX today.

15 hours ago, downscc said:

I don't know why you are loading a default aircraft first, this is not recommended and is discouraged in the Introduction document.  It is important to assign a default aircraft to the default selection but don't select it.  Rather, always start with the select free flight screen and the default aircraft should be spinning in the little window before you select the NGX or load a pre saved NGX flight.

I only do that when switching from another 3rd party addon like from the T7, as this is recommended in a message box upon loading.

DLH2757.png

3 hours ago, GermanCaptain said:

Yes, I do use Avira

Interestingly, the message didn't come up when loading the NGX today.

Never heard of this one. You may want to research how to add a directory exclusion to exclude the entire sim directory. That should help a number of things: performance, random errors, and proper function.

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, GermanCaptain said:

I only do that when switching from another 3rd party addon like from the T7, as this is recommended in a message box upon loading.

It is best to have a separate session for each aircraft.  If you change for example from NGX to 777 then exit the simulator, start a new session and select the 777.  This is because the simulator preloads processes before loading an aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Never heard of this one. You may want to research how to add a directory exclusion to exclude the entire sim directory. That should help a number of things: performance, random errors, and proper function.

Thank you :biggrin: will try immediately

36 minutes ago, downscc said:

It is best to have a separate session for each aircraft.  If you change for example from NGX to 777 then exit the simulator, start a new session and select the 777.  This is because the simulator preloads processes before loading an aircraft.

I found out that FSX crashes (withmy setup and addons) after 2 flights anyway, if I change aircraft or fly with the same aircraft.