Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Dynamic Lighting/Night Lighting in P3D v4

Who flies at night? 99.5% of my flights are in the daytime, the others at dusk. All this raving about XP11's night lighting is just trolling by XP fan boys who yet again are bashing a new sim entering the market. Serious chip on their shoulders and it seems to poisoning almost every topic these days.

I'm actually more into P3D than XP but whatahell...

aren't the real "fan boys" those who can't take any constructive criticism ?

Night lighting is about the only thing that is better at XP than at P3D, to me.

Now call me whatever you like.

Now we only need one P3D v4 night picture hmm.. where can we get one... lemme see...

19 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

Well considering I own an IT company, no your right :blink:

errr.. ok, I guess.

I change the pic in my post while you still quote the old one. How about my IT skills huh ?

Say, any jobs still available at your company ? =)

1 minute ago, fta2017 said:

Who flies at night? 99.5% of my flights are in the daytime, the others at dusk. All this raving about XP11's night lighting is just trolling by XP fan boys who yet again are bashing a new sim entering the market. Serious chip on their shoulders and it seems to poisoning almost every topic these days.

What an idiotic statement, 1. who flies at night... A lot 2. We are only comparing, If you would look at the main reason for the thread, which you obviously have not. A question was directly asked about an XP 11 comparison. I own all the current sims and like them all for different reasons. I don't see any reason to be defensive about one or the other. Fact is fact.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, gamer19 said:

Say, any jobs still available at your company ? =)

There is now...Mine

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

What are you talking about glider, just post the damn link. It's all ...automated, no worries.

You're not much tech-savvy aren't you ? :uwe_melk:

S-76C_5.jpg.25013947c73c4cfdfdd21e8ffa57

There. :rolleyes:

edit:

You can actually post one from the (XP11) game and another from real life and ask people which are which. I bet no more than 69% will guess it right. :biggrin:

Ah yes agreed, sorry, i was really talking about the landing lights when I made my statement! 

29 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

What are you talking about glider, just post the damn link. It's all ...automated, no worries.

You're not much tech-savvy aren't you ? :uwe_melk:

S-76C_5.jpg.25013947c73c4cfdfdd21e8ffa57

There. :rolleyes:

edit:

You can actually post one from the (XP11) game and another from real life and ask people which are which. I bet no more than 69% will guess it right. :biggrin:

Ah yes agreed, sorry, i was really talking about the landing lights when I made my statement! 

But wait.. that's still Xplane !?!  :senyum: :uwe_merm:

Oh you funny fun boy glider... :mo_tt_mulut:

49 minutes ago, glider_uk said:

What an idiotic statement, 1. who flies at night... A lot 2. We are only comparing, If you would look at the main reason for the thread, which you obviously have not. A question was directly asked about an XP 11 comparison. I own all the current sims and like them all for different reasons. I don't see any reason to be defensive about one or the other. Fact is fact.

Exactly - it is what it is - glad I am done with all that tweaking - new P3D looks like the same old same old to me - to each his own

Rich Sennett

FYI dynamic lights are only in some aircraft and only in addon scenery (unlikely aye the moment) right now They're not used in the FTX streets lights. 

I can't wait to see it in action. The flytamla boys have been busy with it in their Boston previews. 

Xplane nights are amazing, ALL those lights inc. street light are 'dymanic' 

Oh okay then I hope ORBX will update their lightning to dynamic. So for street lights at least.

1 hour ago, Glynn said:

They look great in screenshots but when actually in the sim they have limited draw distance and pop into view

The night lighting is better suited for slow GA flying, less popping. I rarely even notice it flying GA. If you are flying high and fast, it would be annoying. 

Its going to be addressed, Austin doesn't like it either !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

12 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Oh okay then I hope ORBX will update their lightning to dynamic. So for street lights at least.

Airports areas only from what I remember reading.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Is there a good dynamic lighting slider setting that balances performance and looks? Too high and it cripples my p3d during the day even.