Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Newbe Voice Setup Question

I have the unregistered version. I am trying to setup and test the voices. I setup Microsoft Dave desktop as ATIS then select the test button. I get message "IVONA 2 voice Joey click to activate". I have gone through the Microsoft speech training and that went well. What am I missing. Yes I have read the manual. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is there a step by step video on how to set this up?

Thanks to all who reply.

Bill McCracken

What test button are you pressing? 

If you press the Test button to the right of the voice, it will speak in that voice and say that voice's name.

If you press the large Test Button at the bottom of the Voices Tab, it will speak in the voice of the controller whose frequency is currently active.  If you are not connected or if  there is not valid active frequency tuned in, it will do nothing.

I don't know how you can get "IVONA 2 voice Joey click to activate".  That is not coming from Pilot2ATC.

Dave

There is not a video of setting up the voices.  It is covered in the manual.

In fact, you can use the program without setting any voices and it will pick voices from your installed voices.  However, to set them up, just select a voice for each controller from the drop down.  It is usually best to not pick the same voice for consecutive controllers as the order of the voices in the setup tab is fairly close to the order they will be used.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your replies.

Do you have to install voices outside of Pilot2atc? Or are the voices part of the program. Are voices installed as part of Windows 10? Or do you have to download and install them. The reason for my many questions about voices is I have never used them before.

I think one issue is that I don't have the sim running while I'm doing this. I though running the config was a stand alone process for setting up Pilot2ATC. Neither test button produces a voice.

Thank You.

Bill  

The voices are Windows SAPI5 Desktop voices.  Windows comes with one or two voices installed, depending on the language pack.  (US_English comes with 2).  You can go to the Microsoft site, and depending on your Windows version, you may be able to install additional languge packs and get additional voices.

You can also purchase 3rd party voices, like IVONA.

You install the voices into Windows and they are then available for all applications running on that computer.

Mobile voices will not work with Desktop applications....only with Mobile devices or Cortana.

Dave

Dave,

I have started the IFR tutorial. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks for getting me started.

Bill

Dave,

I feel like a complete idiot. I have 2 monitors attached to GEForce GTX 1070 video card. Windows identifies my FS is running on monitor 1 and P2A on monitor 2. If I am using monitor 2 (P2A) I get no sound from my speakers. Until I mouse click monitor 1 (FS). In trying grammar practice and hit the listen button I hear nothing from my speakers. I presume that is because I'm on monitor 2. P3D is running and on runway 5 at LSGG with FPL loaded. What have I setup wrong?

Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

Not sure what your system is doing.

There is a setting on the Speech tab of Config where you can set the Speech Output Device for P2A.  If this is not set, it will default to the Default Sound Output device as configured in Windows. 

Try setting this option to a known good sound output source....preferably headset earphones...and see what happens.

Dave

Dave,

It is set to headset. I like this application.

Just as a double check. What should my windows sound and speech settings be?

What happens in trial period if I try and set it up on another computer and use FSUIPC over my network?

Thanks.

Bill

Your microphone should be set as the Default recording device for Windows.  This is required for Pilot2ATC to work.

The Headphones should be the default Listening/Sound Output device, however you can set that within P2A so if you have other programs that require a particular setting for the speakers/output device, you can set Windows up for it.

The trial will work for 10 days and the other computer, assuming you haven't run the program on that computer already.

Dave

Dave,

As of today I have 4 days left on my original trial period. Can I uninstall P2A on that computer and then reinstall and still have my 4 days. I think I may have a bad install. Because of a error I received when I tried to assign my speech output device to the my headphones. I think that the IVONA message I mentioned earlier in this post may have caused a bad install. I have since removed IVONA from my computer. I have tried to  attached a screen shot of the error using copy and paste but it don't work.

I have installed another Trial on my other computer using FSUIPC and I hear the Microsoft voices using the test in the config voices tab. Which I don't hear in the original install computer.

Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

Email me the screen shot and I'll work with you via email to resolve this issue.  admin @ pilot2atc.com