Sign in to follow this  
newtie

XtremeLabs Lear 25

Hi all-

Anyone got this working in V4?

Thanks,

Mark

It works but on my system is crushes my fps.  All I did was point the installer to v4 install.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Ryan-

Do you have OptimizeParts=1?

Mark

No but you can't with this plane as it creates artifacts.  What you can do (and I run in P3d v3) is to install the FSX model instead.  You'll miss out on a few animations but everything works fine to me.  So maybe I'll install the FSX version.  Honestly I'm not going to be installing much at all - I can tell v4 is a lot tougher on my dated machine.  It maxes my GPU (GTX970) and my 2500K at 4GHz is struggling hehe.

edit:  I take that back!  optimize parts is already enabled.  And the plane loaded ok weird.  But yeah, the fps are like half the dino F35.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I went to the FSX version due to the artifact issue.

I'll try this when I get home tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Mark

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

No but you can't with this plane as it creates artifacts.  What you can do (and I run in P3d v3) is to install the FSX model instead.  You'll miss out on a few animations but everything works fine to me.  So maybe I'll install the FSX version.  Honestly I'm not going to be installing much at all - I can tell v4 is a lot tougher on my dated machine.  It maxes my GPU (GTX970) and my 2500K at 4GHz is struggling hehe.

edit:  I take that back!  optimize parts is already enabled.  And the plane loaded ok weird.  But yeah, the fps are like half the dino F35.

Ryan- turn FXAA off and 2xSSAA on

That should bring back the VC frame rate.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Ryan,

I was using it in one of the recent beta's & it performed quite well although I did have to turn optimized parts off. Switch sounds also were an issue & not working.

The rest of it seemed OK.

Did you install the P3D version with no artifacts & sound issues? If so I'll have to try it again.

I also have a GTX970 which seems to run quite well, have recently updated the CPU to a 7700K & 16Gb 3200 Ram & the sim runs really sweet even with heavy cloud themes. I'd suggest upgrade those first if the budget is tight.

Looks like the new version of the L25 isn't too far off with heaps of improvements so it will be interesting to see how it goes in V4.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I spoke with Alain. ~2 weeks on the update so that good news.

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I spoke with Alain. ~2 weeks on the update so that good news.

Mark

I have too Mark, & gave him a run down on what I found wasn't working in V4 at the time.

Are you able to run the P3D version without issues?

As I mentioned earlier I'm yet to try it in the release version of v4.

Will try it tonight though.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I found that the P3D version will work in P3D v4 provided I set the OPTIMIZED_PARTS to false (0).

Sound worked and everything I tried worked just fine.

Yeah, the frame rate was quite variable; I saw 24-38 in a flight around Dallas. Still, it was nice to have a payware aircraft to fly in version 4. The included aircraft, for example, generally only vary by 1 or 2 FPS. Too much new stuff to make make a definitive statement beyond 'it works'.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi Richard,

Did you have switch sounds?

Cheers, Ross

See, your 3570 is only 1 generation newer than my SB, but your 980 is a far stronger card (I guess lol) than my 970 (350 USD 3 yrs ago!! grrr).  24-38 is pretty good I think.  I always shoot for 30.  I've got lots more tinkering to do.  AND let's not forget LM will release periodic updates and I'm sure some will include small performance increases.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

3 hours ago, Rossco said:

I have too Mark, & gave him a run down on what I found wasn't working in V4 at the time.

Are you able to run the P3D version without issues?

As I mentioned earlier I'm yet to try it in the release version of v4.

Will try it tonight though.

The FSX version works fine with OptimzeParts=1 and no more than 2xSSAA. Anything higher will halve VC frame rates. Solid 30 inboard and outboard so no complaints. Missing some switch flip sounds but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Nice to have it working in V4. It's the only AC I fly these days. Going to invest in the  Milviz Beaver soon as it too has the ultra realism that for me makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers,

Mark