Sign in to follow this  
captain420

3rd party scenery and P3D v4

For scenery that haven't been updated to p3d v4, could we simply copy them over from our p3d v3 folder and add them in manually? Would this work? Like if we still have our old previous P3D v3 install intact with all our scenery, can we just add the scenery into P3D v4 manually by pointing to the location where the scenery is?

Not sure if this is safe to do so since P3D v4 is 64bit now, and those airports are 32bit. Would  this harm or affect the performance somehow?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

For scenery that haven't been updated to p3d v4, could we simply copy them over from our p3d v3 folder and add them in manually? Would this work? Like if we still have our old previous P3D v3 install intact with all our scenery, can we just add the scenery into P3D v4 manually by pointing to the location where the scenery is?

Not sure if this is safe to do so since P3D v4 is 64bit now, and those airports are 32bit. Would  this harm or affect the performance somehow?

It depends on which scenery you are trying to install. Some work, some don't

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I must admit to being baffled as well. For example, Fly Tampa have provided numerous compatibility patches but I cant find anywhere that it explains where you should place the updated sceneries. I have assumed that you cant install the patches in the FlyTampa folder in P3D V3 because they would not work in V3 anymore.

Currently I have made a duplicate folder of the FlyTampa sceneries and added the patches. I understand you can place the folder anywhere (but where is the best place?) If you then add it to the scenery .cfg using the Add Scenery dialogue in P3D V4 then for EHAM at least the buildings are floating and the terrain is all over the place.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Just now, DescendDescend said:

I must admit to being baffled as well. For example, Fly Tampa have provided numerous compatibility patches but I cant find anywhere that it explains where you should place the updated sceneries. I have assumed that you cant install the patches in the FlyTampa folder in P3D V3 because they would not work in V3 anymore.

Currently I have made a duplicate folder of the FlyTampa sceneries and added the patches. I understand you can place the folder anywhere (but where is the best place?) If you then add it to the scenery .cfg using the Add Scenery dialogue in P3D V4 then for EHAM at least the buildings are floating and the terrain is all over the place.

Use the newest installer versions of the respective sceneries and point them to P3D v4, just like you would when installing into v3. Then download and install the new patches from their forum. Done.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD