Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

P3D v4 Airport Scenery Backward Compatibility

We all remember the initial problem of P3D V3.3 in regard of ground layering of sceneries that were done with the SDK2002. Most UK2000 and some Aerosoft GAT airport sceneries were affected: 

This was then fixed by LM in 3.3.5.

Now my question: does V4 support SDK2002 airport sceneries?

Cheers,

Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

My UK2000 LHR didn't work for me so I don't know.

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

OK, then it seems that all SDK2002 compatibilty of V3.4 is broken in V4. I have also learned that FS9 AI aicrafts and also the recently updated Aersoft EDDS, EDDH, EDLW and even the new EDDF V2 do not work in V4.

That's the price that we have to pay for the future. As to FS9 AI aicrafts, I think it is consequent because they caused a lot of artefacts such as rotating objects or buildings within the P3D sim.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

My results are different -- FS2002-style ground polys perform exactly the same for me. I took Mr_LoL;s comment to mean that the scenery overall didn't work, so he couldn't test it? I have a couple of my own airports with these polys, and from initial testing, no real issues, except for transparency priority issues with clouds.