Sign in to follow this  
FredK

P3Dv4 and Multi-Display Performance

Does anyone have anything to report yet regarding performance of P3Dv4 in a single computer multi-display setup?

I am a current multi-computer WideView user (with P3Dv3) very curious about that. It would be nice to move to a single computer if I could get at least equivalent performance to what I have now.

I posted the same query on the LM forum, but no responses so far.

Fred K

Yes, in a word... stunning! :biggrin:

I have P3Dv4 running across three 27" displays on one PC and I am achieving FPS and smoothness I could only dream of in P3Dv3.  How does 40's sound to you across three?!  With one display 60's is easy.  Infact I was locking my FPS to 60.  So this is what it's like to run with zero stutters!

My system I would consider "medium" as compared to what the latest hardware is:  CPU Intel 2600k running at 4.5GHz, GTX 780 with 6GB on board and 32GB RAM at 1866MHz.

Granted, all default, nothing added, but AGN out nearly to the horizon, most settings mid to mid-high right now.  I think you will be quite pleased should you go with v4.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Fred,

With P3D v4, three 1680X1050 22" curved monitors, a TH2go digital I'm seeing a constant, very smooth, 30fps, which is where I have the frames locked..

System is an I5 5500K at 4.5 GHz, 16MB RAM and a GTX770 with 4GB.

Best,

Jim Harnes

If I have a main 24 inch wide screen flanked by a 19 inch square monitor on each side, can I stretch the sim across all 3 monitors?  If so, how?

spacer.png

Boomer..

I have near the same set up and have been using it for many years.... Mine is a 22" 16/9 Wide screen flanked by two 19" 4/3 monitors for a total of 4230x1020.
My vid card is a Radeon R9 390 and through Radeon's Eyefinity software it's extremely easy to set up. On my moderate system and these old monitors I get 25 FPS during low level flying over major metro areas and a locked 33 FPS outside those areas.

Hope this helps..

D-Man 

How  about on a nVidia 9600?  What software would i use, or settings>?

spacer.png

On 10/3/2017 at 2:32 AM, Boomer said:

How  about on a nVidia 9600?  What software would i use, or settings>?

With those monitors and card the best you can do (AFAIK) is run P3D in true Windowed mode and then just drag the window to fill as much of the three screens as possible. Might look a bit strange though with the different aspect ratios/resolutions. I don't think you can set up nvidia Surround with your monitor combination.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

10 hours ago, Boomer said:

Sorry, its a EVGA 970 GTX 4 MB VRAM.

Same story I think.

Just try draging a P3D window across your three monitors and see what it looks like.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Same story I think.

Just try draging a P3D window across your three monitors and see what it looks like.

gb.

Yeah tried that dragging...looks like word not allowed...both side monitors everything is distorted.

spacer.png