Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

Prepar3D v4 New York - London with ORBX night & day

Hello guys,

I just did a test flight on extreme settings from New York to London yesterday. With ORBX + Vector + OpenLC EUR/AME. Yeah I know FTXCentral 3 is not updated yet, but I patched it and migrated it for myself. Here are the videos, enjoy. If you have questions let me know :)

Part 1:

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up6GTpL73Xk

Why bother doing it yourself and risk botching it not to mention affecting future official FTX updates.  My advice would be wait.  I only watched a bit of your video but it look incredibly choppy?

• Upvote 2

Thomas Derbyshire

Yeah its on very high settings. Thats always the deal max graphic quality vs fps :P

I will capture another video in another scenario with slightly lower settings to reach at least 40 fps or so

That really wasn't showcasing V4 very well at all.  I'm not sure what you were trying to show.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, ErichB said:

That really wasn't showcasing V4 very well at all.  I'm not sure what you were trying to show.

My eyyyesssss!

Well it shows that they improved 0 in case for better performance in these populated areas. Even on high performance PCs on max. settings. ;)

Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 6 GB + SSD... Only 15 - 20 fps and CPU + GPU is only around 60 - 70 % workload. So they didnt improved the engine at all. The only thing they did is 64 bit for the Prepar3d.exe. Thats not even a evolution because you can't use advantages from 64 bit if you do so like in this video you get these fps.

Oh and its not the old A380 cockpit or else. When I take off with the F22 Raptor for example I get 5 fps less. ;)

I'm not a P3D fan but geeez this video didn't do it any justice, as Erich pointed out, what were you trying to accomplish!

Edit: Never mind, I just read your last post.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I am a P3Dv3 user, but that video pushed me a little closer to XP11

If only Austin would give some love to Ai and ATC that is.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Well it shows that they improved 0 in case for better performance in these populated areas. Even on high performance PCs on max. settings. ;)

Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 6 GB + SSD... Only 15 - 20 fps and CPU + GPU is only around 60 - 70 % workload. So they didnt improved the engine at all. The only thing they did is 64 bit for the Prepar3d.exe. Thats not even a evolution because you can't use advantages from 64 bit if you do so like in this video you get these fps.

Oh and its not the old A380 cockpit or else. When I take off with the F22 Raptor for example I get 5 fps less. ;)

Oh right.  Yup. Totally. Get it

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Ryzen 5 and a GTX 1060 is not a "high performance PC", especially not for flight sim.  Not bashing you or your choice in hardware, just saying that your statement is inaccurate.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Ryzen 5 and a GTX 1060 is not a "high performance PC", especially not for flight sim.  Not bashing you or your choice in hardware, just saying that your statement is inaccurate.  

You're feeding him

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Glynn said:

I am a P3Dv3 user, but that video pushed me a little closer to XP11

I'm a P3D fan, but it's got some ways to go unfortunately when it comes to XP's night lighting.

UDZe2Hq.png

• Upvote 3

Well even when you come with an Core i7 extreme Edition and Titan X you will only get 3-5 more fps there I would bet! P3D still dont use the hardware.

XPlane 11 has potential, but right now its not a full sim. Highly overrated in my opinion. Awful simulated planes, not close to real world scenery and blurry textures. If things like REX and ORBX came out I will try it again. But right now no alternative for me.

They have a good marketing department. But if you fly yourself outside from their showcase scenarios it looks awful imho...

@

AviatorMoser

Could you make this screen please again when its day? Wanna see how it looks like! Thanks!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Oh right.  Yup. Totally. Get it

I don't know how much of a troll the guy can be when he buys P3D and several ORBX add-ons...  Sounds more like he's just upset the new version didn't magically transform his computer into a flight sim beast.

1 minute ago, Nytro said:

Well even when you come with an Core i7 extreme Edition and Titan X you will only get 3-5 more fps there I would bet! P3D still dont use the hardware.

XPlane 11 has potential, but right now its not a full sim. Highly overrated in my opinion. Awful simulated planes, not close to real world scenery and blurry textures. If things like REX and ORBX came out I will try it again. But right now no alternative for me.

Go run FSXMark 11 and post your results.  Guarantee they won't be near mine.  3-5 FPS difference doesn't come close.