Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

Prepar3D v4 New York - London with ORBX night & day

9 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Well even when you come with an Core i7 extreme Edition and Titan X you will only get 3-5 more fps there I would bet! P3D still dont use the hardware.

XPlane 11 has potential, but right now its not a full sim. Highly overrated in my opinion. Awful simulated planes, not close to real world scenery and blurry textures. If things like REX and ORBX came out I will try it again. But right now no alternative for me.

@

AviatorMoser

Could you make this screen please again when its day? Wanna see how it looks like! Thanks!

Only on the the grounds that I really don't want to turn this into a P3D vs X-Plane debate. I love pretty much all of today's sims. It was simply just a comparison.

But I don't have the exact shot, but something in the area.

GLyxdt3.jpg

CBSDdH8.jpg

QoP4Apu.jpg

And since this was about night lighting, here's a short clip of the night lighting. Mind you this is the Newscastle, England area.

https://streamable.com/8gv5n

Apologies for the recording frame rate. Encoding on the fly brings down my performance significantly.

• Upvote 1

Ah okay so from their marketing depart. You know, the problem I have with XPlane 11 is Los Angeles looks not like LA, SoCal not like SoCal and Miami Beach not like Miami Beach. ;) Not even the roads are there. I really hope ORBX releases something, then lets see what happens.

It gets even worse when you fly over Munich, Berlin or Singapore.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Can you send me a link? I dont have FSX btw.

If you don't have FSX or FSX:SE you won't be able to run it.  Information on FSXMark 11 is in the hardware forum here: 

Well I would love to see a video from such a "extreme PC" over NY or LA area. I found nothing so far, they look all worse then my videos. Mostly they fly with 0 autogen. Looks awful but yeah 50 fps not a big deal.

I get as well 30 - 40 fps over low populated areas like Zurich, Alpes in general. Or cities like Salt Lake City. But over areas like NY and LA its over no matter what PC you use.

I would instantly buy a Titan and Intel Extreme Edition if someone shows me that he gets at least 50 fps on EXTREME settings over NY/LA. But I assume thats not the case. More or less they have 20 - 25 fps. :P

54 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Well it shows that they improved 0 in case for better performance in these populated areas. Even on high performance PCs on max. settings. ;)

Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 6 GB + SSD... Only 15 - 20 fps and CPU + GPU is only around 60 - 70 % workload. So they didnt improved the engine at all. The only thing they did is 64 bit for the Prepar3d.exe. Thats not even a evolution because you can't use advantages from 64 bit if you do so like in this video you get these fps.

Oh and its not the old A380 cockpit or else. When I take off with the F22 Raptor for example I get 5 fps less. ;)

This doesn't make sense. I've just run a test: took off from FSDT KJFK v2 and flew towards DD NYC-X v2 and FPS never dipped below 30fps (FPS limited to 30FPS). Smooth experience here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

This doesn't make sense. I've just run a test: took off from FSDT KJFK v2 and flew towards DD NYC-X v2 and FPS never dipped below 30fps (FPS limited to 30FPS). Smooth experience here.

Yeah but what settings?

BTW to XPlane 11: This is AMAZING video? Well that are maximum 15 fps as well + Alot of flickering and awful landclass. As well the blocks looking all the same. I try capture now a similar video. I would bet P3D v4 looks FAR BETTER than this! brb...

As well in that video 0 wingflex. And that saves a huuuge amount of physics calculations.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nytro said:

Yeah but what settings?

All sliders to the right and high textures ticked; 8x SSAA.

Yeah I have it, but not installed yet. Will do that later, I do a short test flight like in that Xplane 11 video now.

So buy:

1. P3d v4 = bash

2.  x-plane 11 = bash

3. Dovetail FSW = bash

4 . Aerofly 2 = bash

----------------------

Per saldo 4 scheiße simulators so let us stick to 32 bit ones which hold a knife on your throat once you are on the GlideSlope to land on a runway at Heathrow?? 

Except getting a good finish you will be treated with an anticlimax of "error sound" , you have run out of available memory.

Oh boy... this rant made me buy 3x a new mouse and keyboard.

64-bit is a the future. Basta.

• Upvote 4

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Did tests with p3d-v3.4

CPU 7700k vs ryzen x1600 with fast mems , the thing is ipc and clockspeed the difference is at least 30%.

Yes I have ryzen , can confirm that max is spot on.

• Upvote 1

Okay now I finally found the first 2 bugs one is probably related to ORBX. The waves at the beach are splashing below the beaches lol... And 2nd when you play a recording in P3D the plane just jumping back and forth. I will take again a video when this is fixed in NYC like that XPlane video.

You hack Orbx software into your P3D4 setup and then blame them for bugs? Seriously, stop being such an a ss

• Upvote 5

Nytro is a troll or an idiot

I cant believe so many people are responding to him after what he described a high end PC is

trolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Upvote 1