Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

Prepar3D v4 New York - London with ORBX night & day

This has to be the funniest thread on AVSIM!  ROTFLMAO

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I hacked nothing, just changed the dictionary to P3D v4 that FTX Central thinks its P3D v3.

Where Im trolling? All guys who posting this have probably not even Prepar3D or v4... Noobs gotta be noobs.

1 hour ago, Piotr007 said:

Per saldo 4 scheiße simulators so let us stick to 32 bit ones which hold a knife on your throat

Well said. Seems that all threads nowadays go down the same route. There is no chance to discuss a single feature without being drawn into the "my sim is better than your sim" war. 

All sims need a lot of work to impress. Out of the box they are all quite lame. It's the time and effort and money you are willing to invest to make them look and feel great. 

Hans

And that is the reason why I wrote Prepar3D v4 with ORBX nothing more. Thats what you get, that is the out-of-the-box experience. All the videos and screenshots you see are frozen images, if you get only 10 fps with these settings, no one cares.

Just take a look at youtube, all of that "butter smooth videos" are shot in  low populated areas with tons of addons with covers only an area from a few square miles. And btw their graphics are mostly not looking good at all. They just using massive amounts of SweetFX etc to make it look like that. Downside of this, these settings are only good at these exact scenery at this day time. Few hours later and another terrain and it looks awful.

Dont get manipulated from the stupid marketing departments from the companys. That's NOT that what you get. Therefor I shot this video to show a real scenary and REAL experience.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nytro said:

New video is up, with lower autogen now on "Dense". Not to bad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTIPiumvOAs

That looks awful ! Whats your point ? Or was that your point ?

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

*SIGH*

Could someone please just lock this thread? He's a troll, who's convinced he's right and everything he posts is the pure and only truth. He's more than certain of his own conclusions regarding other flight simulators and constantly reminds the audience of his superior opinion. This thread can only go one way - into a bashing of X-Plane, Prepar3D and the rest of the available flight sims and IMO we don't need another P3D vs X-Plane debate... 

Besides he continuously keeps stating his own thoughts and conclusions as hard-core facts which can't be disputed. It's apparent he can't accept that other people have another opinion / don't share his view of the world.

Please people. Don't feed the troll. Why keep going on here?

There's no point in this anymore...

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, Nytro said:

Thats not even a evolution because you can't use advantages from 64 bit if you do so like in this video you get these fps.

What did you expect? That it is 64 times faster?

12 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

*SIGH*

Could someone please just lock this thread? He's a troll, who's convinced he's right and everything he posts is the pure and only truth. He's more than certain of his own conclusions regarding other flight simulators and constantly reminds the audience of his superior opinion. This thread can only go one way - into a bashing of X-Plane, Prepar3D and the rest of the available flight sims and IMO we don't need another P3D vs X-Plane debate... 

Besides he continuously keeps stating his own thoughts and conclusions as hard-core facts which can't be disputed. It's apparent he can't accept that other people have another opinion / don't share his view of the world.

Please people. Don't feed the troll. Why keep going on here?

There's no point in this anymore...

I dont know what your the problem is. I respect other guys opinions but I dont have to admit to them. My point is Prepar3D + ORBX thats what you get for around 1000 Dollars worth of Addons + main licence. Is it any good and worth it? People have to decide. I wanted to show how it looks like and whats possible.

If you wanna see 100 % nice graphics where only one city or a small area of a few square miles covered this is the wrong thread for you. Please learn to read what I wrote instead of posting personal attacks against someone! Totally unproductive, please never come back!

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, swiesma said:

What did you expect? That it is 64 times faster?

No, that if you crash your plane ends up in 64 bits.

• Upvote 1

Emile van Gerwen.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:05 AM, Nytro said:

Totally unproductive, please never come back!

Yes, I agree you are not being very productive and you should heed your own advice.

Stephen Forsgren

These comparisons are annoying.

I use XP11 more than P3D, but I'll readily admit that I can make P3D look really good as well (it's different, but the suspension of disbelief can be had). These videos he's posted are garbage representations of what P3D is capable of.

15 minutes ago, bonchie said:

These comparisons are annoying.

I use XP11 more than P3D, but I'll readily admit that I can make P3D look really good as well (it's different, but the suspension of disbelief can be had). These videos he's posted are garbage representations of what P3D is capable of.

As the thread title and OP stated. It is v4 with ORBX, nothing more. Thats what you get. :)  Do I like it? No!  Did I say somewhere these videos looks awesome? No... :biggrin:

It is nothing more than a showcase of their so called "dynamic lightning" which is completely marketing ######, since this has nothing to do with REAL lightning effects on dawn, dusk, terrain and what so ever, only maximum 256 LAMPS or lights in a certain area. So airports will NEVER have dynamic lightning with these limitations, neither sceneries :biggrin: