Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

updating to p3dv4

Hi

I've just updated my control centre and seen that p3dv4 is on there

I've redownloaded the 747 package again but when I try to install it into v4  I only get the options to remove modify  and repair

Do I need to remove the 747 from p3dv3 first so I can get the path for v4  or how do i install it into v4

Thanks

Pete Little

26 minutes ago, mazelda said:

Hi

I've just updated my control centre and seen that p3dv4 is on there

I've redownloaded the 747 package again but when I try to install it into v4  I only get the options to remove modify  and repair

Do I need to remove the 747 from p3dv3 first so I can get the path for v4  or how do i install it into v4

Thanks

Don't jump the gun Pete.  PMDG announced in this forum's general section that updates were occuring to the OC and that work was in progress on the aircraft products. There is no "install into v4" yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Cheers,

It was just with the control centre being updated i thought the 747 was ready to go 

Just have to sit on the hands a bit longer

Pete Little

Hi guys,

Now that they have released the p3d v4 update what do we have to do to get it to recognise the new directory instead of the p3d v3 one please ?/

3 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Now that they have released the p3d v4 update what do we have to do to get it to recognise the new directory instead of the p3d v3 one please ?

We haven't released a P3Dv4 update...

See here: 

Please pass this information on as you come across any others who may also be confused. Our statements regarding the updates have been rather clear.

Kyle Rodgers

I am amazed how many people don't know this.  Maybe you need to put a notification on the OC so people will read it and wait for the official release of products for V4.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

HI KYLE,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR QUICK RESPONSE, WHAT HAPPENED WAS I USED THE UPDATE CENTER AND IT UPDATED MY QOTS 2 9 BUT DIDN'T NOTICE IT WAS IN V3.4 !!

GETTING OLD I THINK !!

ANYWAY,THANKS AGAIN

ALL THE BEST

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

I am amazed how many people don't know this.  Maybe you need to put a notification on the OC so people will read it and wait for the official release of products for V4.

I, too, am baffled.

Apparently there are some trolls in various locations of the interwebs announcing various updates have already released. Perhaps it's that? Re-reading our announcements, I'm curious as to how people are getting the impression that we've said anything is ready, however. If anyone sees any language that seems to indicate that v4 compatibility is available, please point it out and I'll go correct it, or at the very least, clarify.

Kyle Rodgers

Trolls on the internet?  Say it ain't so, brother Kyle....lol...me runs away.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

I, too, am baffled.

Apparently there are some trolls in various locations of the interwebs announcing various updates have already released. Perhaps it's that? Re-reading our announcements, I'm curious as to how people are getting the impression that we've said anything is ready, however. If anyone sees any language that seems to indicate that v4 compatibility is available, please point it out and I'll go correct it, or at the very least, clarify.

I will forecast the next issue.  You release the 747 for V4 and people will post how they can't get the 777 or NGX working v4.  Exciting yet frustrating times for PMDG support.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Trolls on the internet?  Say it ain't so, brother Kyle....lol...me runs away.

ha - I kno rite?

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

I will forecast the next issue.  You release the 747 for V4 and people will post how they can't get the 777 or NGX working v4.  Exciting yet frustrating times for PMDG support.

Yeah, it's been an interesting few days.

Like I said in another thread, the excitement is awesome (seriously)! All the same, that excitement shouldn't mean skimming the updates or not reading them and making assumptions. The latter leads to disappointment (more than simply re-grounding yourself in the thought that "hey, things aren't ready yet"), and I don't want that for people.

Kyle Rodgers