Sign in to follow this  
Syonco

P3DV4 Compatible?

Hello

Is this software compatible with P3DV4? I tried it very briefly this morning, and it gave me an unhandled exception referencing something about FSUIPC which i know is not available yet. (is it a ddependency??)  I didn't catch the whole crash report but i can probably reproduce the crash if wanted :)

After one flight I have had no problems....Fsuipcv5 installed.

Very pleased with that. Fingers crossed for more adventurous flights!

I assembled a new computer with a new MOBO, CPU etc. I take it I will need to repurchase the program? I tried  registering with my license key  and although I'm still running it on my original drive I got the notification that it could only be used with 1 computer.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

If you're wanting to move your license to a different computer, just send me the license key and I'll reset it so you can move it. 

If you want to be able to run the software on the old computer and the new computer, then you'll need to purchase another license.

Dave

I have it working now, with FSUIPC5 installed. Quick question if you don't mind. I'm trying to request VFR flight following for a flight that i made (was validated and filed).

When asking, the ATC gives me this message "I can't find the requested destination. Please say again request with Destination Aiport Code"

Using the speech assistant i can see the column has the information filled out, and that it's correct. This is my first time using a ATC outside of the default one.. it's quite scary with all this new terminology lol :blink::laugh:

Maybe there's a VFR tutorial i'm missing somewhere? 

The easiest way to get VFR Flight Following is to file a VFR flight plan and then request your clearance with "<CallSign> ready to copy".  Your clearance will include radar advisories and you'll be assigned a squawk code.

Dave

Thanks, Dave! Was able to do a semi successful VFR flight using your method. I set up a route to see just how the ATC would handle different air-spaces. It didn't react to me flying inside restricted areas, nor did i have to ask for clearance to enter any. Am i missing something? Couldn't find anything related to this in the manual, or much concerning VFR flight in general(?)

I guess the program does not read air-spaces well, if at all? 

I'll go back and check the manual more thoroughly.

Dealing with B,C, D airspaces etc is on the list for future enhancements, so for now, P2A is unaware of them.

Dave

Thanks for the clarification on that :) Noticed also when requesting radar vectors for ILS (have only tested this for ILS so far) i'm not given any vectors, at all. After asking, it'll clear me with a transition for the selected runway and then i'm on my own.

Tried several different airports, same outcome.

This is done with a VFR flight plan filed. Perhaps it HAS to be a IFR filed flight for it to work? (a limitation?)  I'll have to test this.

If you could email me the log file from the flight in question to admin @ pilot2atc.com, I can see what may have gone wrong.

Log files are located at:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start up Pilot2ATC.

Also, if you could start a new thread with the next new topic, that will keep this thread from being way off topic.

Thanks,

Dave

On 6/4/2017 at 0:11 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Make sure you send the license key via email to admin @ pilot2atc.com.  Do not post it here.

Thanks will do. Just want it on my rebuild.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb