Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Saitek Switch & Multi Panels in V4

Hi all!

My panels worked fine in v4 earlier (without SPAD), then I reinstalled the whole thing and could'nt get it to work.

I think the solution is to erase the "-run" value in exe.xml file.

It worked for me. Try it!

Regards Thomas

Without wanting to sound argumentative and thank god we have the person who developed Spad Next  ... but do others find it very wrong and frustrating that Saitek panels AND Goflight modules do not work straight out of the box with Prepar3D using their own drivers!! .. We pay good money for these units and to have to put our hands back in our pockets to buy third party software to get the things to work is bordering on 'Not fit for purpose'

Paul        

Thanks everyone.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:41 PM, Voland said:

Hi all!

My panels worked fine in v4 earlier (without SPAD), then I reinstalled the whole thing and could'nt get it to work.

I think the solution is to erase the "-run" value in exe.xml file.

It worked for me. Try it!

Regards Thomas

So I did this, and it did not seem to work.  Does anyone have any other ideas for how to use the switch panel without Spad.neXt?

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

1 hour ago, caleb1 said:

So I did this, and it did not seem to work.  Does anyone have any other ideas for how to use the switch panel without Spad.neXt?

LINDA works with just Win drivers.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm on P3Dv4.1 and my Saitek switch panel and one instrument panel work fine on the Saitek drivers.  I'm also on  W7

Pro_ Flight_FSX_Plugin_7_0_50_1_x64  for the switch panel 

Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64drivers  for the instrument panel.    This one needs this entry  in the exe.xml   

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
 <CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

I tried all sorts of Saitek drivers before I got them to work.  Somehow I finished up with the drivers for the instrument panel in Program Files, and the ones for the switch panel in Program Files (x86).  

They worked at long last so I left them alone.

/Russell.                                                         

22 hours ago, gboz said:

LINDA works with just Win drivers.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/

gb.

Thanks gboz.

According to here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512119-new-linda-305-32-64-bit-compatible-15-dec-17/ I need to have the registered version of FSUIPC (which I do not own) in order to use LINDA.  Am I misreading this or is there a different version of LINDA that does not require the registered version of FSUIPC?

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Smoky942 said:

I'm on P3Dv4.1 and my Saitek switch panel and one instrument panel work fine on the Saitek drivers.  I'm also on  W7

Pro_ Flight_FSX_Plugin_7_0_50_1_x64  for the switch panel 

Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64drivers  for the instrument panel.    This one needs this entry  in the exe.xml   

<Launch.Addon>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I tried all sorts of Saitek drivers before I got them to work.  Somehow I finished up with the drivers for the instrument panel in Program Files, and the ones for the switch panel in Program Files (x86).  

They worked at long last so I left them alone.

/Russell.                                                         

Hi Russell, thanks for the reply

I am on Windows 10.  Maybe that makes a difference.

I have the same plugin installer file version you mention there.  This is my exe.xml entry for it:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Logitech Plugin for FSX</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech\FSX Plugin\LogiFlightSimX.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

The switch panel does not work for me right now.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Caleb Byers

Maybe you're right Caleb, probably a W10 thing.  Never had anything to do with W10, so unable to give any meaningful advice.....sorry.   Hope you get it sorted.

/Russell.

1 hour ago, caleb1 said:

Am I misreading this or is there a different version of LINDA that does not require the registered version of FSUIPC?

Yes you need the payware registered version. Worth every penny though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

23 minutes ago, gboz said:

Yes you need the payware registered version. Worth every penny though.

gb.

Might consider getting it, but Spad is cheaper than FSUIPC, so I might just go with spad to get the controls working.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Smoky942 said:

Maybe you're right Caleb, probably a W10 thing.  Never had anything to do with W10, so unable to give any meaningful advice.....sorry.   Hope you get it sorted.

/Russell.

The more I think about it I might just need to buy spad.  Spending $30 or so is not the end of the world.

Thanks everyone.

Caleb Byers

You can paste the useful part of the file related to  Saitek panel into your “EXE”file ,which is in the folder"C:\User\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Matin\Prepar3D v4" ,then OK.

Below is the file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
          <Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
            </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VFXCentral</Name>

<Path>D:\Program Files (x86)\OldProp Solutions Inc\VFXCentral\VFXCentral.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>P3Dv4</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>AICarriers</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>