Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How do I install or redirect EZCA to P3DV4?

Hi Elaine

Is it possible to redirect  EZCA/EZDOK to P3Dv4 folder and make it work in v4?

:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is it a 64bit addon?  If not... it won't work.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

38 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Is it a 64bit addon?  If not... it won't work.

From my experience, it's an EXE add-on (so running outside of the simulator process and connecting via SimConnect), not a DLL add-on (which would run inside the simulator process and therefore need to be 64-bit).

What I don't know is if 32-bit external processes compiled against an older SimConnect SDK can talk to the SimConnect server inside of 64-bit P3Dv4. Given that LM is still shipping all of the old SimConnect redistributables with P3Dv4...my guess would be that old SimConnect apps can still connect to the current SimConnect server. Which would mean, I think, that EZCA doesn't necessarily need to be recompiled as a 64-bit app.

But I'll be the first to admit that this is all *wild* speculation on my part, and doesn't really help get the OP any closer to the answer of *how* to make it work.

It would still have to be confirmed by the developer that it works, not all 32-bit SimConnect applications behave with v4.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I am able to run the old F1 UT2 within P3Dv4. I now get traffic ...until F1 updates their UT Live for P3Dv4 , I could use the old HT2.

That's why I was wondering if I could setup EZCA for V4 P3D

Manny

Uh... no.  AI Traffic is a file... no more, no less.  Camera control requires code... 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Running f1 UT2 for P3D V4 is not a good idea..although it works, it halves my FPS. It runs like a dog! I mean that in a bad way. 

:)

I can't wait for F1 to update their UT Live

Manny

Hi there !

EZDOK2

Yes it works out of the box here.

I've just copied (after saving the original one) my P3Dv3 cameras.cfg and create an exe.xml with the Ezdok2 entry  int the P3Dv4.cfg's  directory

Do not run the Ezdok.exe to configure your keys, but configure them in P3Dv4 directly.

At this time it works fine (in my case).

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

The update is near completion as far as I can read on the EZDOK Forum - they are testing it. EZDOK and FSUIPC, and then any of the A/C like PMDG, FSL or Majestic - and I can use the sim.

psour33,

Can you show how you manage to get it to work? Have tried but end up with EZDOC "not responding"

Richard

The dev has stated that he's looking at releasing a V4 compatible version this week. Everything is working well aside from the world cameras and world camera zoom, so he's going to be looking at that more closely at a later date. He's also added a whole raft of cool new features, including effect presets for different camera views etc and it really is looking better than ever.

What i'm liking about EZdok is the amount of detail he goes into. Yes, it's a little more complicated to get your head around (though the new features help here a lot) but the end results are looking so cool..