Sign in to follow this  
flibberflops

P3D v4 - VR - All you need to know

hi, im getting these problems using oculus, ive done a fresh install of win10 and no addons just vanilla p3d4.

in vr the left eye is jittery in movement but the right eye is smooth.

and the whole image seems to shake very often.

53 minutes ago, hobaoe said:

hi, im getting these problems using oculus, ive done a fresh install of win10 and no addons just vanilla p3d4.

in vr the left eye is jittery in movement but the right eye is smooth.

and the whole image seems to shake very often.

Yep...I get a similar experience.

the thing i dont understand is that why did they not finish it to function properly!?

they had to know about it, i noticed it the second i turned my head. i hope they fix it, cause there were similar problem with v3 wich they didnt fix.

what is the default re-centre view in VR - currently I am in the floor of the cockpit! cant seem to find it in the control mapping....

57 minutes ago, mac44 said:

what is the default re-centre view in VR - currently I am in the floor of the cockpit! cant seem to find it in the control mapping....

The default button in P3D to reset VR view is the old vulcan death grip, also known as the three button combo...

Ctrl + Shift + ,  <---- note that last letter is a comma (not a spec of dirt on the screen)

If you want to reassign it to another button you will find the setting in...

Controls > Key assignments > Views (event Category) > "HMD - Recalibrate Origin"

9 hours ago, flibberflops said:

The default button in P3D to reset VR view is the old vulcan death grip, also known as the three button combo...

Ctrl + Shift + ,  <---- note that last letter is a comma (not a spec of dirt on the screen)

If you want to reassign it to another button you will find the setting in...

Controls > Key assignments > Views (event Category) > "HMD - Recalibrate Origin"

thanks I managed to get it working last night - but strangely now reset is working still but my image in vr cockpit view is now a mish mash of front and back textures!!! (have not changed any settings!)strangely the other vr view (non cockpit looks ok)- also any idea what the toggle vr stero does? !

1 hour ago, mac44 said:

thanks I managed to get it working last night - but strangely now reset is working still but my image in vr cockpit view is now a mish mash of front and back textures!!! (have not changed any settings!)strangely the other vr view (non cockpit looks ok)- also any idea what the toggle vr stero does? !

I have had the VR view do strange things but never as bad as how you describe. Have you tried changing aircraft to see if it goes away?

The toggle VR Stereo the the stereoscopic view on and off. This is explained in my first post of this thread (see item 7 towards the bottom of the post)

yes tried a few aircraft and got the same - will restart the computer and try again (and did try on a few different aircraft) - at the moment the flyinside vr is far superior to this....and I get 90fps as it uses asw and SLI

Anyone had their left and right views in VR get completely out of whack? My right view is in widescreen field of view, my left isn't. So VR's unusable. Can't figure out how to completely reset the VR view. (Ctrl-Shift-, recenters the views but they're still unmatched.)

Any suggestions? Can I zap something in an ini file or something to return to defaults?

rajn6NM.jpg?1

DennyA
Fake planes flown: MSFS / P3D v4.x / FSX / X-Plane 11 / Aerofly FS2 / IL-2 / DCS / FlightSafety 737-200 full-motion (Aloha 243 cockpit) / a zillion old sims
Real planes flown: Mooney 231, Cessna 310, F-15D (back seat), T-34B (front seat) 

Ancient computer magazines I wrote about flight sims for: Computer Gaming World, Computer Games/Strategy+, Compute!, AmigaWorld
Rig: Core i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32GB, HP Reverb G2, Winwing HOTAS and Turtle Beach pedals

I tested the native VR extensively yesterday with my DK2.

I was pleased with the performance, that wasn't my experience with flyinside in v3.4, though it's possible that settings differ.

I've turned off all clouds, and am sticking to planes that perform well at this stage. Keep it simple, and the performance is very usable - this is the first time, apart from AF2, that I've enjoyed long VR flights.  

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 6/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, DennyA said:

Anyone had their left and right views in VR get completely out of whack? My right view is in widescreen field of view, my left isn't. So VR's unusable. Can't figure out how to completely reset the VR view. (Ctrl-Shift-, recenters the views but they're still unmatched.)

Any suggestions? Can I zap something in an ini file or something to return to defaults?

rajn6NM.jpg?1

I assume you posted this on LM's site and I do see that LM is about to release a hotfix soon.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Very unsatisfactory as it is with P3D v4  VR but I didn't buy v4 for VR I bought it because of its 64 bit platform on a sim I'm long familiar with. In fact even the Flyinside versions don't cut it. The king of the hill for a normal flightsimming VR is Aerofly FS2. Beautiful integration. Great fps. Fantastic cockpits and views and facility at manipulating the cockpit environment.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb