Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Ultimate Traffic 2 and P3d v4

Ah, ok. I suppose it is possible in UT Live to reduce the traffic density?

James Goggi

56 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Ah, ok. I suppose it is possible in UT Live to reduce the traffic density?

Yes. You can increase or decrease traffic density via menu. FSUIPC traffic optimizer work too.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Ok, finally I got it working. As often in such cases, my culprit was a single missing dash line in the exe.xml file. My bad. And I am now happy that I already switched to full native FSX models a long time ago (I wanted to have "aircraft shadows on ground" on already in FSX back in the days), means I do not have to care about my models not being displayed in v4.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

how do you switch to

43 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, finally I got it working. As often in such cases, my culprit was a single missing dash line in the exe.xml file. My bad. And I am now happy that I already switched to full native FSX models a long time ago (I wanted to have "aircraft shadows on ground" on already in FSX back in the days), means I do not have to care about my models not being displayed in v4.

how do you switch to - full native FSX models?

I replaced all my models with FSX native ones. Either they are FSX native per se such as FAIB and the UT2 base models or I used converted ones. Some of them (mostly GA models) I converted myself using model converter X, for simple planes it is not much of an hassle. Only small issue are some animations that are lacking (e.g. spinning fan blades, propeller animation), which I can easily ignore.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Do we know when UT Live will be ready for primetime?

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I tried UT 2 in v4 and it takes a big FPS hit so its unusable.

But UT Live with v4. Does that also take an FPS hit?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Really? Haven't really noticed THAT huge FPS hit... but then again, I'm running UT2 with an FPS cap.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 hours ago, AnkH said:

I replaced all my models with FSX native ones. Either they are FSX native per se such as FAIB and the UT2 base models or I used converted ones. Some of them (mostly GA models) I converted myself using model converter X, for simple planes it is not much of an hassle. Only small issue are some animations that are lacking (e.g. spinning fan blades, propeller animation), which I can easily ignore.

Hi Ant.

Ill be looking to convert my ai ut2 updates with the new models.  Myself and another guy are fixing the models by optimising both bmp and dds textures and fixed numerous errors of mismatched and missing textures and models etc.

Would you be interested in helping us fixed the old models.  Id love to get ut2 and my update pack to work with v4.  Any help would be really helpful.  I get roughly 50 emails from guys asking for the updates everytime i update them so it would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

So here's an odd situation:  I can get UT2 to run in P3Dv4 by running the its executable after the sim is running, but after about 5 minutes it stops working, all the traffic disappears though it the app appears to to still be running as its options appear in the addon menu.

spacer.png

Hi boomer.

Did you convert the models??

10 hours ago, Boomer said:

So here's an odd situation:  I can get UT2 to run in P3Dv4 by running the its executable after the sim is running, but after about 5 minutes it stops working, all the traffic disappears though it the app appears to to still be running as its options appear in the addon menu.

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, tooting said:

Hi boomer.

Did you convert the models??

Neg, didn't know I needed to.  If so, how to do please, kind sir.

spacer.png