Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Windows 10 with P3dV4

I read someplace where LM is recommending Windows 10 for P3dv4 is there any real reason for me to dump Win7 64?

I realize that support for Win7 is going to expire and they'll be Direct X benefits but is there any significant reason for me to upgrade now? I just run P3d on my main server and supporting applications on my client.

Updating would run me about $200 for OEM system builder disks from Newegg not sure if it's worth it atm.

Thoughts?

RE Thomason Jr.

Considering that P3dv4 is coded in, and uses, dx11. Win10 will not have any advantage over Win7 in that respect.

Win10 is better at a lot of other things, but whether you will see any improvements inside P3D is up for debate.

17 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Just get a cheap 6 dollar win10 key from ebay?

Be careful as this is in the EU only as the seller states the EU authorizes the sale of used Windows.  You also get a broken MB sent to you too (if in the EU). 

I have Windows 10 and see no issues installing or running P3DV4 (so far) but see no reason why Windows 7, 64 bit would not work.  Windows 7 uses DX11 too if the application is properly coded to use it.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Okay thanks for the advice Gentlemen. Going to think about it a bit longer got a trip coming up next week and won't update to P3dv4 until after it's over.

RE Thomason Jr.

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

I read someplace where LM is recommending Windows 10 for P3dv4 is there any real reason for me to dump Win7 64?

I realize that support for Win7 is going to expire and they'll be Direct X benefits but is there any significant reason for me to upgrade now? I just run P3d on my main server and supporting applications on my client.

Updating would run me about $200 for OEM system builder disks from Newegg not sure if it's worth it atm.

Thoughts?

bought my win 10 64 bit you will not go wrong here they guarantee it or will give you a new key

https://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows