Sign in to follow this  
bpruett72

Fix the Installer for Crying out loud

Why is it that every time I install this thing, I have to go around my butt to get to my elbow to get it to work.  How about you fix the installer.

Setup could not install the extra files. The Garmin Trainer installer returned:

The system cannot find the file specified.

Setup will now continue installing normally but the product will fail running properly.

The Garmin trainer installer has an issue with some video cards and Windows10. However, regardless of the error message during installation, do you experience any particular problem in X-Plane?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

When I got it to work last, (which was a pain in the butt to install) it worked great.  The issue here like you said is the garmin trainer.  Look, I am not trying to be a jerk, but let me give you some background on me first.  I don't need your product, I can use the native gps just fine.  But I own a virtual airline, and I provide a lot of support for my guys when it comes to add-on software.  Also to be fare, I have had issues of the same sort with Flight One's GTN for P3D in the past.  I own every simulator there is, and most of the add-on software as well.  Recently I wipe my hard drive and started fresh.  I was debating on even installing the GTN because I hardly if ever use it, but I thought I would reinstall it and make a video for our guys to show them all the features.  My back ground is pretty stout when it comes to computers and flight sims.  I right a lot of my own add-ons and tweak aircraft and lua files for X Plane 10. The point is, if I am having to trouble every time I install your product, which every time I have installed your product, I have wound up in the forums; imagine what the newbs are going through.  You guys need to get the issues fixed, and frankly getting away from the flight one method of delivery and installation, particularly for X Plane, would be a good first step.

The GTN Trainer has been updated every 6 months for the last 3 years, and we are expecting a new version anytime soon (it is usually June 1st, and December 1st). Maybe the new installer will work better.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)