Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

PMDG MD-11 (FS2004) Questions

Started PMDG MD-11 fs9 Tutorial 1 last revision: Jan 5, 2009. After I press F-PLN key from FMC and hit LSK 1L (EGLL) it goes to Lateral Revision (LAT REV)  page then I press SID. I can select the runway 27L but can't find the waypoint DVR4G departure route to select it. How to continue with the tutorial if I am stuck due to that missing waypoint? I tried with scenery EGLL scenery default and with Aerosoft London-Heathrow Xtended.

Selected a different waypoint and after completed the preparation I got lost in the space .....

Patricio Valdes

This was posted in the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II section of the forum for some reason.

Moved it to the appropriate location. Please be mindful of where threads are being started.

Kyle Rodgers

51 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This was posted in the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II section of the forum for some reason.

Moved it to the appropriate location. Please be mindful of where threads are being started.

So sorry about. I did a search about MD-11 tutorial topic and not found. I opened this new thread which is for the MD-11 only. But, if I am wrong please remove this thread and I go where you say.

Patricio Valdes

11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

So sorry about. I did a search about MD-11 tutorial topic and not found. I opened this new thread which is for the MD-11 only. But, if I am wrong please remove this thread and I go where you say.

As I wrote in the earlier post, I have already moved it. The matter wasn't "was their an existing post," the matter was that you posted it in the 747 section of the forum, and this is clearly related to the MD-11.

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As I wrote in the earlier post, I have already moved it. The matter wasn't "was their an existing post," the matter was that you posted it in the 747 section of the forum, and this is clearly related to the MD-11.

Please, can you give me that link?

Patricio Valdes

46 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Patricio

I have just looked at the Tutorial PDF and DVR4G SID is on Page 2. Did you go to Page 2?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/02/MD-11Tutorial.jpg

I guess so. After selecting F-PLN key from FMC I select LSK 1L EGLL and I press SID which is the 2nd page. When I select the runway 27L I don't see the DVR4G no matter if I travel up or down on the same page. It is then I am stuck, can't continue tutorial as it should. The link you show is an exact image as the tutorial 1. But, I don't see such waypoint in question. I am still trying over again the tutorial.

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Patricio

I have just looked at the Tutorial PDF and DVR4G SID is on Page 2. Did you go to Page 2?

I did screenshots:

After selecting F-PLN / EGLL:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzK

After selecting RWY 27L:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzf

Still, I don't see DVR4G and even if I insert DVR4G as a waypoint I receive a message "Not in Database"

I use AIRAC 1705 version 3.

Patricio Valdes

12 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I did screenshots:

After selecting F-PLN / EGLL:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzK

After selecting RWY 27L:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GAzf

Still, I don't see DVR4G and even if I insert DVR4G as a waypoint I receive a message "Not in Database"

I use AIRAC 1705 version 3.

Probably your Airac no longer has that SID.  Tutorial is several years old and your Airac is up to date.

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

30 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Probably your Airac no longer has that SID.  Tutorial is several years old and your Airac is up to date.

Mike

Oddly enough, Mike, that was my first thoughts but I edited that mention of the AIRAC Cycle out, thinking as it was a Tutorial written up eons ago, the latest AIRAC would not affect it.

Smart observation there. Guess I'll have to go to SpecsSavers !!

38 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Mike

who knows, maybe. I would have to find another tutorial then.

Patricio Valdes

7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Oddly enough, Mike, that was my first thoughts but I edited that mention of the AIRAC Cycle out, thinking as it was a Tutorial written up eons ago, the latest AIRAC would not affect it.

Smart observation there. Guess I'll have to go to SpecsSavers !!

I may have to isolate the PMDG MD-11 tutorial and take a look at videos tutorial from youtube.com at least to find out on how the MD-11 FMC works. For right now the 777 and 747 is more friendly for me (lol).

Patricio Valdes

58 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I may have to isolate the PMDG MD-11 tutorial and take a look at videos tutorial from youtube.com at least to find out on how the MD-11 FMC works. For right now the 777 and 747 is more friendly for me (lol).

Hi Patricio,

I have the MD-11 for FSX and it looks like it uses the same or a similar flight plan for the Tutorial.

Instead of SID DVR4G use DET2G and add DET UL6.  This will get you to Dover (DVR).

For the STAR use BLM2G instead of BLM1G.   Keep the GIPOL transition for Runway 14.

The plan should look like this:

EGLL DET2G DET UL6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 GTQ BLM BLM2G LSZH

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

find out on how the MD-11 FMC works.

No different than the 777 or the 747.

1 minute ago, Mike777 said:

I have the MD-11 for FSX and it looks like it uses the same or a similar flight plan for the Tutorial.

That is where my screengrab was from, earlier post.