Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

PMDG MD-11 (FS2004) Questions

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Good luck on doing it then. Just make sure you do not transgress PMDG's EULA, etc.

I wish to be a brat boy (lol). I am 68 so only time for PMDG enjoyments and also with Level_D and not editing files because I am not a software programmer anyway.

Patricio Valdes

19 hours ago, vc10man said:

Okay, Patricio, thanks for that list. You are more or less a fan of the PMDg range of aircraft !! LoL !!. A good choice but you must bear in mind these are not like any other aircraft. They have more systems depth, for starters.

Okay, that done, what add-on scenery/airports do use for this routing?

No need at all to say that. You have not offended either MIke or I. That's what this Avsim Community is all about----helping each other.

Now, if you recall, I mentioned the use of SimPlatesX Ultra. Well, that IKL flag you saw in the FMC is in fact the ILS beacon at LSZH which has a Freq of 111.75

IKL.jpg

I'm currently flying the very same route, night flight, using the PMDG OOTS II, and it reflects that ILS Freq in the FMC NavRad. But if I turn to the Approach Plate for the same airport, same runway 14 using the AivlaSoft EFB, as you can see lower right corner, it has an out-of-date ILS14 Freq of 108.30, which I reckon the FS9 Navdata will also have.

ILS14AivlasSoftFreq.png

Hence the anomaly that exists when you fly the MD-11 in FS9 and the QOOTS II in FSX.

I hope Mike pipes in here and agrees with my observations too.

Where can I start learning on how to understand better the Charts?

Patricio Valdes

• Your first image is I can see you about to do a take-off roll. One glaring config issue I can spot. Mike may also spot it.
  • 2nd image, cannot see that screen with the issue.

Personal preferences, I am not a fan of 2-D panels.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:
  • Your first image is I can see you about to do a take-off roll. One glaring config issue I can spot. Mike may also spot it.

Please, disregard the previous image of fs9. From fs9 loaded the MD-11 and taken the shot too early right after Initializing. Here the right images.

PMDG MD-11 FS2004:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GLJw

PMDG MD-11 FSX:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GLJL

Now, I can ask same earlier question regarding on resizing the 2D panels. FSX and fs9 has different widescreen view. I would like to make FSX MD-11 widescreen more closer as fs9. Is it possible?

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

2nd image, cannot see that screen with the issue.

Not an issue but not the same side to side 2D panel view as the fs9. You can check both FSX and fs9 screenshots, they are different widescreen. I prefer the fs9 screen.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, vc10man said:

Okay, that done, what add-on scenery/airports do use for this routing?

I use Aerosoft London Extended and Zurich.

Patricio Valdes

Another question: I noticed the MD-11 ND can't zoom in/out as 747 and 777. The tutorial doesn't mention about.

Patricio Valdes

Another question:

Why when I fly at night I get no lights from the Aircraft passenger windows (external view)? MD-11 is a ghost plane from external view at night like vampire (LOL).

Patricio Valdes

22 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Another question:

Why when I fly at night I get no lights from the Aircraft passenger windows (external view)? MD-11 is a ghost plane from external view at night like vampire (LOL).

I found by pressing "L" keyboard the external view looks the passenger windows are lit but the cabin is off. I can't find from Overhead where is the switch instead of using the "L" key. Does anyone knows about? 

Patricio Valdes

On 6/28/2017 at 9:24 PM, trisho0 said:

Another MD-11 problem raised. Anyone can tell me what wrong by looking at http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GLMI

Hi Patricio,

I'm not sure what you are asking about.  Your speed is too high this close to landing.  Not sure what the "Align" message means on the FMA at the top of the PFD.  The strange magenta line on the ND for the missed approach is probably some kind of system error -- it might go away if you actually flew the missed approach.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

20 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Patricio,

I'm not sure what you are asking about.  Your speed is too high this close to landing.  Not sure what the "Align" message means on the FMA at the top of the PFD.  The strange magenta line on the ND for the missed approach is probably some kind of system error -- it might go away if you actually flew the missed approach.

Mike

Hello Mike, GIPOL waypoint still at 21.8 NM and actually I am landing on the runway 28. The FMC and the ND matched but not with scenery runway. That FMA message was LOC and later "ALIGN" don't know why. But the issue I am asking is how GIPOL still instead of RW28 and landing. Regarding on speed I set 161 IAS/MACH with HDG at 274. I entered 109.75/274 to freq/course into FMC. I didn't miss approach I landed by hand because ILS armed but no activated.

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Hello Mike, GIPOL waypoint still at 21.8 NM and actually I am landing on the runway 28. The FMC and the ND matched but not with scenery runway. That FMA message was LOC and later "ALIGN" don't know why. But the issue I am asking is how GIPOL still instead of RW28 and landing. Regarding on speed I set 161 IAS/MACH with HDG at 274. I entered 109.75/274 to freq/course into FMC. I didn't miss approach I landed by hand because ILS armed but no activated.

Hi Patricio,

OK, a couple of things:

I see that the FMC shows you are flying "FROM LSZH."  I think you probably did not enter the STAR and final approach correctly.  You need to enter them by clicking on the last waypoint before the airport, not the airport itself.  Even if you started and ended at  LSZH, you needed to enter the STAR/Approach at a waypoint before the destination entry of LSZH.  Most FMCs don't work this way, but this one does.  So the approach waypoints got entered AFTER the final destination, LSZH.  Take a look at Tutorial I, p. 26 (at least in the FSX version).  (This also is probably the reason the ND has such a peculiar magenta line.)

The ALIGN message is normal; take a look at MD-11 Systems Manual page Auto.10.18, @ pdf page 114. 

It appears to me that you did have an autoland locked in -- ALIGN appears properly at 150 ft, you are on the GS, and you have DUAL LAND, all on the FMA.  

But  I think you are assuming that the aircraft will reduce to the approach speed, 161, just by having it in the speed window of the Autopilot.  But that is not correct. 

Heavy airliners weigh a lot and are "slippery."  They don't slow down easily when descending, and can actually increase speed.  You are going @ 200 knots, which is much too fast.  You needed to watch your actual speed earlier, and use the speed brake and/or early lowering of gear to slow down.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2