Sign in to follow this  
pracines

VAS

Using no Add-ons, a whole day of flying, and I'm up to approx. 72,500,000K VAS usage!

I remember when 4,000,000K was our limit!

This is GREAT!!!

I'm excited for the day when someone doesn't make a VAS related post, but then I temper that excitement because I know that day will never come...

• Upvote 1

With FSUIPC, I used to get the VAS left.. how do I see the VAS consumed in P3D?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

With FSUIPC, I used to get the VAS left.. how do I see the VAS consumed in P3D?

I will not even worry about VAS anymore.  Let it go finally.  Welcome to 64bit - Load your addons (when they are ready) in your sim to your hearts content.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

53 minutes ago, pracines said:

Using no Add-ons, a whole day of flying, and I'm up to approx. 72,500,000K VAS usage!

I remember when 4,000,000K was our limit!

This is GREAT!!!

I understand that it's great to no longer be limited to 4 GB, but I honestly think this is more a sign of bad coding. I mean -74GB in virtual memory?? I hope some smart guy here can make an application that makes it possible to find out which addon uses all of this memory. 

I know people will say "who cares??", but there can't be full anarchy and just let addons be released full of memory leaks. 

There are people here that never/seldom ran out of VAS last week, and now we are using 20 times more... that does not make sense to me.

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

74 GB VAS usage ≠ 74 GB of pagefile.

• Upvote 1

Whats VAS? :cool:

• Upvote 2

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Oh I will miss these threads....

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I saw 42GB Virtual Size in ProcessExplorer at KSEA with ORBX PNW.

Default aircraft and only 22fps with moderate settings, I have 16GB DDR2400 RAM but windows is saying 10,3GB used.

Is this the picture for V4? If VAS is above 16GB it will slow down ?

I used to have 50-60fps in V3

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yikes, those are some scary figures.  It's important because after you have exceeded your physical memory it will start to use the page file, that may lead to performance issues, even on an SSD.  More worryingly, it will also wear the SSD out quicker.  72Gb is a seriously worrying amount, that sounds like A, they have removed the memory scavenging techniques used in v3 B, a memory leak  and finally C, really sloppy programming regarding memory use.

One of my (and numerous others) main concerns was the developers would suddenly stop caring about the efficiency of there add-ons, i really shouldn't have to use the page file with 64Gb of RAM.  It has to be said, even with FTX Global, OpenLU Europe and ORBX England (a know VAS hog) i haven't seen above 4Gb used.

Ian R Tyldesley

Hmmm, yeah not sure how it's calculating this. At one pint mine was showing using 80Gb. 

But VAS != RAM usage

I was flying around EGLL with ORBX England -> 6 GB RAM usage, no ida about VAS

I don't see any problems at the moment.

Now it's time to look at the RAM usage, not VAS.

There are processes using as much as 2millionK Virtual Size, yet, I have only 32GB of RAM...

I am no expert, but the measurement of VAS doesn't apply any more, IMO.