Sign in to follow this  
MehdiAli

Positive and Negative points on V4

33 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Well.... LM delievers what people demanded for years. And yet I see whining in almost every thread "how bad v4 is".

LMAO

indeed, and the videos being posted of v4 so far are appallingly made

terrible video captures that seem to show the sim running at 10FPS, default scenery and planes, wild panning from side to side, visible neon pink start menu (dude seriously! :biggrin: )

the base platform is an incremental step up from P3D v3, and that's all that was needed. the big change was the architecture going from x86 to x64

does anyone look at fully modded v3 and say it looks terrible? does anyone look at the default v3 and say it looks amazing?

v4 can only be judged once all the big addons are ready

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, XMAN said:

Where is that  the desert

I think it's Dubai. 

I go there every winter, it's my favourite ski resort.

Stu

• Upvote 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

Well.... LM delievers what people demanded for years. And yet I see whining in almost every thread "how bad v4 is"

+1 yes the moaning is getting boring,both DTG and LM have built good 64 bit sims which are just a starting positions to take flight simming forward,if I remember correctly that's what was repeatedly being asked for,there was a vid on AirdailyX last week where a numbers of well known and seemingly respected devs discuss P3d v4 and I cant remember any devs having any negative thoughts on P3d v4 or 64 bit,s,looks like the good times are just starting to me.after all its the devs that give us the icing on the cake,the devs are once again mainly giving us a free transfer to P3dv4,thank you guys! we were told for ages nothing would work in a 64 bit sim and the cost of purchasing all our add ons all over again,if Orbx had charged me just £5 per item that would have cost me approx £200 So it seems the devs are behind P3dv4 doing any work mainly for free,from where i am standing there,s a hell of lot to be smiling about 

Peter

• Upvote 2

negatives: if you enjoy addons that have developers who left the community you might not be able to use their products in v4

I might have to wait days for my favorite addons, ezdok, activesky16, Orbx.

That is a short list, positives win! v4 is my first move into the P3D world and I am liking it.

Bunchy,

It may well be your favourite ski resort but I find EVERYBODY leaves the toilet seats up. This,

as we all know leads to CTDs in Charlies play group.  This has got to stop.

I know youall cannot see my body language, but, this is supposed to be funny.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

PS downloading P3Dv4 as I type ... yeehaaa

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Mehdi Ali…the former CEO at Commodore?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

negatives: if you enjoy addons that have developers who left the community you might not be able to use their products in v4

I might have to wait days for my favorite addons, ezdok, activesky16, Orbx.

That is a short list, positives win! v4 is my first move into the P3D world and I am liking it.

AS16 and ORBX will be available pretty soon for v4, no idea about Ezdok - but you can use Chaseplane for this? :-)

1 minute ago, swiesma said:

AS16 and ORBX will be available pretty soon for v4, no idea about Ezdok - but you can use Chaseplane for this? :-)

The choice between ezdok and chaseplane was easy for me, 12 upgrade price for ezdokv2 compared to 40 for chaseplane. The developer says soon for v4 support probably by the weekend we everyone will have orbx, as16, and ezdok.

Sooner or later EZDOK will be available. I like the ground and in-air effects of that addon, which makes the experience so much more real. Don't know about these effects in Chaseplane.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I hope so :-) Yes, the price is higher, but just in case Ezdok will not be available you would still have an option :-)

This new version for sure breaths new life into photoscenery.

Phil

Pro

- superior performance with max settings, clouds, AI over P3D 32Bit

Con

- new addon conventions are confusing and annoying

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I suspect that X-plane devs are paying all those people making P3D v4 Youtube videos. I haven't seen that low FPS and such stutterfests since the launch of FSX back in the day. :) I'm yet to see a Youtube video of v4 depicting a smooth and visually pleasing experience.

• Upvote 2

Since immemorial times, man has despised the arrival of the changes and then, shortly after, has had to retract. The arrival of Prepar3dv4 is not only wonderful, it is also imperative to evolve. It's great, because the nostalgic and impatient always have the previous versions. Those who wish to evolve applaud the new version.
Thanks to the developers for that new 64bit!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 0Artur0 said:

I suspect that X-plane devs are paying all those people making P3D v4 Youtube videos. I haven't seen that low FPS and such stutterfests since the launch of FSX back in the day. :) I'm yet to see a Youtube video of v4 depicting a smooth and visually pleasing experience.

Getting much better performance on my rig with v4.

spacer.png