Sign in to follow this  
MehdiAli

Positive and Negative points on V4

So i created a video, and i hope you decide on weather you are going to buy it or not. personally i feel it isnt worth about $60 but around 45, there isnt much improvement otehr than 64bit- i understand that this is what we wanted as a FS community for such a long time but i guess its just my opinion. Enjoy :D And if you have any Constructive critisism (i know i spelt that wrong) then feel freee to drop it down below or in the video's comment section. Thanks Mehdi

64 bit is a good start for the p3d franchise. Hoping it will get a consistent face lift slowly but surely through the interim updates Lockheed usually provides.

• Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I think we would see the most improvement once add-on developers get used to the new SDK. I am excited on what they can come up with when they focus solely on 64bit without constraints.

• Upvote 3

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

30 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

64 bit is a good start for the p3d franchise. Hoping it will get a consistent face lift slowly but surely through the interim updates Lockheed usually provides.

That would be completely all right, if this updates are provided for the v4. I think the community is not going to buy any time a version 5,6 or 7 of P3D for 60 bugs again, and are satisfied with small updates. Just think about a flightsimmer who buys every version. To this present time he would have spend around 240 bugs for a flight simulator that is still the same engine as FSX uses. Bad English, sorry, I am tired. :-)

But I am glad, we've 64-bit now. I just hope that - when the addons are out - it will be a significant change when it comes to performance.

MehdiAli,

Just a couple of comments.  

I would like to point out that when FSW was asking the community what they wanted in the be all next Generation flight simulator platform, most of the community registered the comment that they wanted a 64bit platform. I believe that most thought that once they had that, the addon developers (3PD) would add some incredibly good finishing touches.  We actually got something with a lot of potential but something far from the majority wants. An early access programme which was, in many respects a retrograde step. Again, early access but with potential.

Lockheed Martin, in total contrast, consulted with nobody other than 3PD, obviously listened to the general comments and supplied exactly what people were asking for with FSW. It is undeniably 64bit FSX with some improvements. Most of the addon developers are now feverishy working on updates and if LM leave this platform in its existing state, I will eat the crotch out of anybodies nightie LOL. I believe that this is a far cry from what LM  will  be offering in 12 months time or even sooner.

Your oft repeated comments regarding the negligible difference from FSX  are quite right but I feel it MAY be a little unfair in some ways.

I will probably buy both in the long term but I have to admit that P3D is, even right now, a MUST HAVE whilst FSW is not on the radar until it is a complete platform with many many more addon developers on board.

The fact remains that at the moment we are in flight sim heaven and I am, for one, loving it.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

I have no wish to reignite the FSW/P3D war of words and simply, in my own inept way, 

• Upvote 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, himmelhorse said:

The fact remains that at the moment we are in flight sim heaven and I am, for one, loving it.

+1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

36 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

MehdiAli,

Just a couple of comments.  

I would like to point out that when FSW was asking the community what they wanted in the be all next Generation flight simulator platform, most of the community registered the comment that they wanted a 64bit platform. I believe that most thought that once they had that, the addon developers (3PD) would add some incredibly good finishing touches.  We actually got something with a lot of potential but something far from the majority wants. An early access programme which was, in many respects a retrograde step. Again, early access but with potential.

Lockheed Martin, in total contrast, consulted with nobody other than 3PD, obviously listened to the general comments and supplied exactly what people were asking for with FSW. It is undeniably 64bit FSX with some improvements. Most of the addon developers are now feverishy working on updates and if LM leave this platform in its existing state, I will eat the crotch out of anybodies nightie LOL. I believe that this is a far cry from what LM  will  be offering in 12 months time or even sooner.

Your oft repeated comments regarding the negligible difference from FSX  are quite right but I feel it MAY be a little unfair in some ways.

I will probably buy both in the long term but I have to admit that P3D is, even right now, a MUST HAVE whilst FSW is not on the radar until it is a complete platform with many many more addon developers on board.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

I have no wish to reignite the FSW/P3D war of words and simply, in my own inept way, 

Yep completely agree with you on that. However In a way LM must have spoken to the general audience, if you think about it, 3PD must have spoken to the audience to find out what current needs are etc. And therefore the information was transferred to LM.

Regarding FSW I feel that it has a bit of potential, most simmers use LM since they are able to deliver and do what the simmers have been asking. From what I have heard ( I have only bought FSX:SE from dovetails) it isn't as good as thought when released (regarding Flight school) and since FSW is in early access I can't really say much at the moment. Thanks Mehdi :)

64 bit is where it's at. It's where this franchise should have been a couple of years ago but since people were buying and developing for the mediocre 32 bit platform we were satisfied with mediocrity. Now the platform actually has room to grow in quality and depth of content and the customers can turn up their settings and fill their world with richness and depth without having to worry about OOMs. It's long overdue and pining for yesterday's thing is not something that beckons me in the least when it comes to this platform or any simulation or game for that matter.

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Mehdi,

Think Industrial Sabotage mate.  LOL

Actually, I believe that LM have been working on this 64bit thing for a lot longer than FSW. However, I also believe that they were watching all the DTG comments which were not secrets anyway, and, unlike DTG, actually acted on the comments supplied.

The end result was a platform that was infinitely more usable and professional from the release date, P3D complete and FSW early access. I said, however, that P3D in 12 months will be completely different and to be fair,, so will FSW (at least I hope so)

Thanks again for your comments.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Lenny777

+ 1 Sir and very well stated

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

1 hour ago, MehdiAli said:

So i created a video, and i hope you decide on weather you are going to buy it or not. personally i feel it isnt worth about $60 but around 45, there isnt much improvement otehr than 64bit- i understand that this is what we wanted as a FS community for such a long time but i guess its just my opinion. Enjoy :D And if you have any Constructive critisism (i know i spelt that wrong) then feel freee to drop it down below or in the video's comment section. Thanks Mehdi

Where is that  the desert

People here are only looking at the visual, not the product. It is a completely wrong statement that it is x64 FSX. A lot of code has been rewritten. Look how stable t is now, also much better on using computers resources. You can run FSX very well on GTX 295, which is not nearly enough for P3D today. I do not know what LM intends to do in the future, but if they had added a lot of eye candy on the old code, I can promise you that most of people would gladly sacrifice x64 to fix other issues.

It is good that people here are keeping requesting and point out the bad things so it can be fixed, but you need also remember that there are companies that pay far more than $200 for it, and their priorities are more important to LM than someone with academic license.

• Upvote 2

Well.... LM delievers what people demanded for years. And yet I see whining in almost every thread "how bad v4 is".

LMAO

• Upvote 5

Well is your glass half full or half empty? If I live to be a hundred I don't think I will ever understand the modern mindset! And I'm certain that if a publisher ever delivered the perfect product some people would still complain. Personally I think v4 is an incredible step forward, and, will only get better as time goes on. Without a doubt P3D v4 has taken the top spot as the  best simulator.

• Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

- 64 bit

- load better devided over cpu cores

- more load on the gpu

- improved lighting

- autogen till the horizon

- improved perciperation

- most existing addons already work

- free upgrades from multiple developers

I see no negative things ....

• Upvote 11

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0