Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

A380 Flightdeck

I know it will probably look like any other Airbus. (boring)Thank god for BOEING. The reference standad in flying.Has anyone seen the flightdeck?JimBoeing all the wayCYWG

Guest Paul Heaney

you trying to start a flame war?

Guest bisinchi

There are some shots on Airbus website, but since you're Boeing all the way, are you really going to visit that website?Regards,Francois

Guest Peter Sidoli

The sad thing for us as aviation enthusiasts is the diminishing role of Pilots in the scheme of things.Are these new generation "pilots" really flying or just glorified observers.They no longer have a stick connected to any air flow and wherever the stick goes its trimmed.For economic reasons only the autopilot systems and management systems can drag the last drop of profit from a flight making handflying a thing of the past to such an extent that someone quoted some ridiculous figure of 1 hr flying for every 300 hrs airtime :-(Not the sort of pilot I would want to be!Peter

'The reference standad in flying'What does this sentence mean? Is your father's name Stan and is he a pilot?No offence intended, just a little joke :-)http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Look for the 11/04 issue of Airways magazine. There is an article on the flightdeck of the A380.

I must say I much rather sit in the roomy airbus cockpits then cramped boeing cockpits. The removal of the yoke make tons of improvements on ergonomics really. Also FBW just have to make things so much easier even though I know both Boeing and Airbus is really flown by the computer quite a bit :)

Guest pez_man

You know there's a point with all airbus cockpits sharing much of the same layout, don't you? Commonality! I've actually just been in one widebody cockpit, that of the a330, but wow! That's one roomy and nice cockpit! (Designed by Porsche design, no less! :-)) Then of course, for us flightsimmers the similar flightdecks are a bit dull!rgrds fredrik

Peter,Somewhen in the early nineties I visited the flightdeck during a domestic flight flight within Australia. I can

I appologize if it looks like a flame post. I guess it does. I am an old blue flammer from way back though if that matters. I have searched aircraft picture sites and no pictures of the flight deck could be found. Lots of the aircraft itself though.Thanks for all the replies.JimCYWG

Yeah and they don't have to wear goggles and have their face in the wind, lie on their stomachs, warp the wings by shifting their weight, spin-start the propellers, navigate at night by lit fires, change their own oil....and on and on. We shouldn't be calling them pilots anymore.Don

Guest enave

wow that's neat!I wonder how much longer until the autopilot actually rotates and maybe even lands the airplane.

In fact they actually do. Autoland anyway. 737NG and Airbus as well I am sure have that capability ;)Or I would say they have the capability from what I have heard pilots generally disengage the AP for the flare part however with ILS they can autoland and even brake afterwards without pilot input ;).

Guest Airbuzz

I've some intensive insights to the A380 cockpit and the cockpit design process. If you have no idea of airlines than this one might look extremely complex. Even a A320 looks "easier" as the A380 has much more buttons and devices. At the other hand, you can fly the A380 only by using the 'mouse' and a small keyboard. No other civil plane has a so direct computer interface than the A380.