Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

P3Dv4 Install w/ a few add-ons so far so good!

All and all things are working pretty well and much smoother with higher settings than in P3Dv3.

The install of P3Dv4 went flawlessly and launched just fine and ported over all my keyboard assignment profile.

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers 382.33 and used Nvidia inspector to set Preferred Maximum Performance, Antialiasing to Override Any App Setting, and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling to matching the 4x setting in P3D graphics settings. I also run Vsync and Triple Buffering with a 30Hz 4k Monitor(TV).

So far I have SPAD.next running all my Saitek x-52 controllers and panels just waiting on a LVAR bridge for P3Dv4 (a couple of mapped assignments are not active that were using LVARs) which is due this weekend as an update nothing had to be done it just worked automatically and is sharing profiles for the same aircraft across both P3Dv3 and v4.

ChasePlane  is working well nothing had to be done and the P3Dv3 profiles are automatically assigned to the same aircraft in v4 as well.

Lastly for today I down loaded the latest A2A C172 P3Dv4 install package which has two installers included in it one for P3Dv1-3 and one for P3Dv4 just ran the v4 and it automatically placed the files in the appropriate P3Dv4 Add-on folder outside of the P3Dv4 install. My C172 is flying very well and works great.

Just waiting on Orbx next and then I may go after MT6, and my RA Turbine Duke but I'm trying to stay with approved/updated add-ons first.

Oh and other than paying for P3Dv4 which was totally fine, everything else has been FREE :gaul:

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I'm enjoying v.4, except for not having FSUIPC5 yet. I'm really  looking forward to having it for v.4.

I appreciate you posting about A2A having v.4 update already.  Now I got my first payware aircraft installed in v.4.  Very nice.

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

running the latest Nvidia drivers 382.33 and used Nvidia inspector to set Preferred Maximum Performance, Antialiasing to Override Any App Setting, and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling to matching the 4x setting in P3D graphics settings.

I thought the new in game SSAA made Sparse Grid AA redundant. ?

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I just flew the A2A C172 from TNCM to TFFJ using FT scenery and got 60+ fps the whole flight with mid to high settings. This is better than V3 for me and minus the scenery loading as it comes into view. I'm still running a 960gtx 4gb but will be installing a 1080ti tomorrow if fedex comes through. I can't wait to see what the new GPU will do as the addons become available. 

48 minutes ago, gboz said:

I thought the new in game SSAA made Sparse Grid AA redundant. ?

gb.

I'm not sure but I have always used the override option and found Nvidia inspector to perform better but I'm still experimenting

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I can confirm that Nvidia Inspector is not required to achieve excellent AA in P3Dv4. I find 4x SSAA outputs a very nice image.   

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

9 minutes ago, joepoway said:

I'min ot sure but I have always used  the override option and found Nvidia inspector to perform better but I'm still experimenting

Did you set up a new profile for v4 In NI, 

BOB

Guest JustanotherPilot

Aerosoft Twin Otter has updated to include v4 installer (v1.1), aircraft seems to be glitch free. Airbus range to be updated shortly and the A330 v4 compatible from release.

steve

20 hours ago, onebob said:

Did you set up a new profile for v4 In NI, 

BOB

Yes

Can you have V3 and V4 together or must old make way for new? Thanks

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

On 04/06/2017 at 11:01 PM, olspsd08 said:

Can you have V3 and V4 together or must old make way for new? Thanks

Should be no problem having both on the same machine.
Also a big advantage having both if you are transferring Orbx stuff across.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm finding that 8XMSAA via P3D is better then 4/2XSGSS via NVI. Also, MSAA doesn't kill your FPS in the clouds like SGSS did. I have completely removed NVI from my PC. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

39 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I'm finding that 8XMSAA via P3D is better then 4/2XSGSS via NVI. Also, MSAA doesn't kill your FPS in the clouds like SGSS did. I have completely removed NVI from my PC. 

What I'm finding with my 4k set-up is 4xSSAA without any Invidia Inspector AA except "preferred max performance" is great for me now. 

FXAA - Off

AA - 4xSSAA

Texture Filtering - 16x

Texture Resolution - Ultra 4096

These produce great results with my overclocked GTX 1070 and 4k 30 Hz monitor with:

Vsync - on     Triple Buffering - on     and Unlimited frames

Joe

3 minutes ago, joepoway said:

What I'm finding with my 4k set-up is 4xSSAA without any Invidia Inspector AA except "preferred max performance" is great for me now. 

FXAA - Off

AA - 4xSSAA

Texture Filtering - 16x

Texture Resolution - Ultra 4096

These produce great results with my overclocked GTX 1070 and 4k 30 Hz monitor with:

Vsync - on     Triple Buffering - on     and Unlimited frames

Joe

Im using same settings

Thou with titan sc 6gb x2  sli

4xssaa performance dropping 

Might  be driver latest one

Needs to be reinstalled