Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Weather Options

Dave;

In P2A there are a number of different weather options. One of which is Sim Weather.  If this option is selected, it appears that P2A will get its weather information from the sim.  If this is true, does it make a difference how (AS16 or other engine) the weather got to the sim? I guess my real question is why not always select Sim Weather?

Tom

Tom

Tom,

If a weather engine creates a METAR file and puts it into the base SIM directory, replacing the SIM METAR file, then using SIM Weather should work.  Not all weather engines work the same way, so you would have to experiment to see if this is true for your engine.

Dave

As a follow up on this topic... is it possible for the SIM weather to be created by P2A (via XPUIPC or FSUIPC perhaps)?  I'm on XP11

No, P2A only reads the weather for use by ATC.

With XP11, I always fly with real weather in XP and NOAA Real Weather in P2A, so the two match almost perfectly.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.  It's how I've been using them together and it seems to be working well (except the duplicate ATIS, which I've learned how to deal with).

If xEnviro writes its METAR.rwx file to disk, then you just set the X-Plane Root Folder to that folder on the Wx tab in Pilot2ATC and select SIM Weather.

If xEnviro does not write a METAR.rwx file, then it would not work.

On 12/06/2017 at 6:24 AM, flyingduck said:

Hi.

Does Pilot2ATC work with xEnviro in both X-Plane 10 and 11 ?

I've been using it with xEnviro in X-Plane 11. I select the NOAA option in P2A (xEnviro also uses NOAA).

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White