Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Critics - I detest them!

An amazing & very talented freeware developer, now departed from us, Garry J Smith, always said that our hobby is all about fact, Fiction & Fun!.

Very wise words. His contribution to our hobby is very much missed.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Grow a thicker skin! You would never make it in a real Aviation job,don't

let the door hit you in the a#$............

• Upvote 2

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Jim, Rude.. Talk like that WILL get this chat closed!!

Play Nice!

• Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

58 minutes ago, JYW said:

To dig so low as to point out petulant spelling mistakes, says more about the poster,

Aha, I see, so it's quite okay to come in here and lambast the critics while at the same time not projecting one's own views without flaws, spelling errors or no spelling errors?

1 hour ago, JYW said:

@Venturi It seems you were proven correct by the prior post.   To dig so low as to point out petulant spelling mistakes, says more about the poster, than what they're posting about.  

100% agreed, Bill. Pointing out a bloody spelling error is about as petty as someone can get. I'd have more respect for the person if they actually tried to make a proper argument.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

People who don't like critics - I detest them!  How do you think we got pmdg, fslabs, ixeg, the new FFa320?  By pushing the boundaries and asking for more features!  If we never complained developers would have no reason to offer more features. 

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

don't let the door hit you in the a#$............

Absolutely this!

I mean, really what is the point to this thread, i don't get it.  If the OP is unhappy, simply stop posting never look at the site again, or become a viewer, why does he feel the need to post that he is unhappy, is he trying to change everyone's view points, if so the argument "because i don't like it" is a really weak one.  As for the "Childish" comments often thrown around, that's entirely subjective on the part of the person replying, every bodies sense of humour is different.

What does the OP want, a forum filled with praise for everything, like some kind of DPRK Aviation forum?  If i buy a weak product i want to mention that it's a weak product, if i spend my hard earned money on a PMDG aircraft and the windows are 0.09mm different to the real aircraft i want to make that comment.  If the companies disagree with me, fine, let them post i am wrong, if they think i'm being ridiculous, then they will either ignore me or post i am being stupid, also fine; but let's not pretend that critical feedback is of no importance.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

I've been simming since FS2 on my Apple 2, and Avsim is a wonderful website and community, unless someone posts something that rubs the fur on the cat the wrong way.  There are a lot of people in here who are petty, rude, condescending and don't hesitate to make snide or snarky comments every chance they have, which is one reason that I haven't participated in the forums until recently, out of necessity.  That being said, when you need information, as long as someone who doesn't have an attitude of superiority replies, you can usually find answers or help, and many have gone out of their way to share their expertise and experiences with the community.  However, I have to agree with the OP that there are just too many jerks in here to make participating an overall enjoyable experience, and that's a real shame.

• Upvote 1

The idea that criticism is never warranted is silly. If something is a half-assed or crappy, that attribute deserves to be pointed out, just as something praiseworthy deserves to be complimented, and I will do either of those things depending on the circumstances. At the very least it will save someone else from wasting their money.

So if I've bought some product which sucks and I can clearly demonstrate it sucks, I'm damn well gonna point out that failing, especially if they can't be arsed fixing it. I'm certainly not going to start heaping praise on something simply because criticism would hurt someone's feelings. Screw their feelings, they should fix that crappy product or try to do better.

Everyone I ever teach or have taught gets to fill out a form at the end of their course to say what they thought of it, and I make a point of telling them that i won't hover over them whilst they fill it out and that when they submit it, it goes to the software company so they can track the quality of their authorised course tutors and facilities, and that I cannot hit the 'back' button on the browser and read what they have said, so they can be completely honest in their comments. I do all that because i want them to be honest and that keeps me honest too, in striving to always present the best of courses and never have any days where I 'phone in' my efforts to teach people. Any criticism is welcome; it shows ways one can improve, and one should always strive to improve, so If my courses or teaching methods sucked, I'd be the first one who wanted to know about it, because I would want to do something about it ASAP.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I haven't seen one of these posts in a while.  Look if your going to leave, then just leave. What are you looking for when you say I'm leaving? Attention? Wanting people to say "Please don't leave us"? 

I remember back in the day a certain panel designer was leaving almost every week because they got butt hurt with some criticism. He would announce that he's leaving. Then he'd be back. 

Who cares what people say. So what if somebody doesn't like something you produced. Did you do it for them or you did it for yourself? The only person that matters is you. If you did it for others then you will always end up where you are now. So I suggest to suck it up. Don't worry what people say and enjoy the hobby or what ever you like to do. 

Locking this one before it spirals way out of control.

We're sorry to see the OP leave as the mods and administration try to make Avsim an enjoyable place without being too heavy handed. The door is always open to come back should you change your mind.

• Upvote 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator