Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Critics - I detest them!

Have you noticed, critics always have the loudest voices, but the smallest brains! Oh, most of them are great with the pen, and always use the heading constructive criticism before spuing their vitriolic comments and all but destroying the artist or filmmaker in the process. I'm pretty sure God looks at these poor excuses for human beings and eventually consigns them to the failed bin (along with politicians).Which brings me neatly to main thrust of this comment, which is....I give up!

I have been a member of this community for a few years now, and in to simulations since the advent of the Sinclair Spectrum, I have seen simulators go from a small dot on a blue or green background to the amazing PMDG 747 taking off from Flightbeams LAX in all it's glory and felt my heart swell with pride and thanks to all those talented people who allowed us to share their dream and brought us to this point in our amazing hobby. And it's also with sadness that today I will be saying goodbye to this once great community. The critics have won! I can no longer sit and watch whilst they tear down the dreams and hard work of those brilliant people that have made 64bit simulation a reality. So goodbye and thank you to all those that lent a helping hand.

• Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Sad to see you go, Mike. Yes, we do enjoy this hobby of ours. Sometimes, on the forums, comments are often posted without much thought, such is the spped of modern technology now-days, & most of us really appreciate the output of the different sim vendors, as well as that from both freeware & payware developers, mostly without any thanks from the community.

Free speech is a right that we have & exercise, subject to the t's & c's of this site, & we thank the moderators for keeping us in line (mostly :wink:)

So, critics also, within reason, sometimes trolling, also have a right to have a voice (subject to t's & c's of course)

Cheers,

Robin 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

spuing

Pity you cannot spell correctly!

Bye.

Avsim can be brutal and aggressive at times, way more than other forums. Take digital combat world for example, a study sim platform for virtual fighter pilots where you might imagine a forum that would be full of aggressive alpha male types but surprise surprise avsim kills it In that department! And 90% of the time is just straight and level flight, hardly something to crow about lol 

No need to leave. Just create an ignore list..😁

ZORAN

So let me get this straight......

The OP is very critical..... of critics? :huh:

• Upvote 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Please feel free to demonstrate precisely how the "tearing down" is taking effect. While you're at it, please provide a history of those individuals/entities who have been destroyed by criticism, and also the evidence for correlation you perceive between criticism and brain size.

You might also find it useful to re-read your own post and see how it ironically resembles the very thing you bemoan, and which you claim is your reason for leaving, although I find that hard to believe.

To be honest, in its failure to even allude to varying degrees and types of criticism, and for other reasons, your post doesn't strike me as having been written by someone old enough to have even heard of a ZX Spectrum. I never owned one because I hated the rubber keys. I guess that makes me a small-brained critic who wanted to tear down Sinclair. I was quite happy with my Commodore 64, though...

It might also help your sense of perspective to consider that advances, be they social or technological, come from those who are dissatisfied with the status quo. The people who say "stop complaining, this is as good as it's going to get", are the enemies of progress, not the promoters of it.

Finally, to cheer you up, here is some music which will surely meet with your approval...

• Upvote 4

Hi Folks,

While I haven't built a simulator or a PMDG level project - I actually appreciate criticism of my work - as it might point out something I could do better... Granted - everyone isn't always as polite or as tactful as they could be - but most are... I find critical comments more useful than the requisite "nice job" - "way to go" - kind of comments... I appreciate both for what they are...

One thing you need to keep in mind is the eclectic mix of people that post here... We run the full gamut - young kids just starting out to guys older than dirt from all walks of life... I'm often amused at some the arguments - for all you know - you could be arguing with a 13 year old kid playing on his parents PC... You need to take everything with a grain of salt... If it's that upsetting - perhaps you are correct and the public forum isn't a good fit... Hope whatever you choose works for you...

Regards,

Scott  

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Not to forget, we are actually here because we want to be entertained (apologies to the P3D guys & gals).

As Scott has said, we are a bunch of various folk. Some embrace PMDG, others like the 'normal' stuff, & others just like to mess around with the low's & slow's.

Some have even been known to drive a car & pilot a ship as well. We are all in the same 'boat' as it were.. 

None of us are lesser simmers just because we do not follow the numbers, & we all have different views & voices, & we are entitled to voice them, academically speaking! ( tongue in cheek! :biggrin:) Some of the youngsters make more sense & are less critical than us oldies!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

So let me get this straight......

The OP is very critical..... of critics? :huh:

:blink:

I hope the mods will not be critical of you because you are being critical of the OP who is critical of the critics?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

5 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

:blink:

I hope the mods will not be critical of you because you are being critical of the OP who is critical of the critics?

"Nested" criticism!  (To borrow an I.T. term...) :biggrin:

Sorry Paul!

I hope the mods will not be (critical of you (because you are being (critical of the OP who is)) critical of the critics)?

I hope the mods will not be critical of you ((because I was critical of you)(because you are being critical of the OP who is critical of the critics)  :-) ?

I can go on (for days like this) (but I've run out of)'s)

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

4 hours ago, Venturi said:

No need to leave. Just create an ignore list..

+1

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

While I've chosen not to leave the forums, I, too, have become more of a bystander, given that many discussions are becoming frivolous and, in some case, childish.

I, too, have grown with the hobby, remembering the time when anything was better than nothing. We welcomed new sims and products and saw only the potential.

Now, it's instant gratification. I get the sense that some users don't know the difference between a $50 meal,

(a brief input and output) and a sim or a product( years in the making with little reward).

I recently gave my praises to TFDI, a newcomer in terms of aircrafts, and while their "early attempt" was not a good one, their perseverance and professionalism  has resulted in one of the best b717 in the sim world--- I place it right up with PMDG and FSLABS.

However, it took some 6 months of patience and respect to see them come through. I believe that what kept them going was our support and constructive feedback--not the loud bashing and childish behavior. I paid on day one, and from their tone and conduct, I quickly trusted them that they would come through. They asked for constructive feedback, and they got it. Now, this is a good experience for me and for them.

Proper tone is everything if we are to see this hobby  grow. There's nothing wrong with 3 tool companies that make electric drills. We purchase them according to price and perceived value.

That we should be faced with 4 brand new sims is a dream come true. If we nurture these 4, we'll see some healthy competition as well as a good market for some of third party developers. Our benefit? Low prices and great features.

Such comments as " if this feature is not in, I am out" doesn't tell me anything. It simply adds to the noise and wastes my time.

I prefer to read about the good and not so good in a product. For example, I applaud that xp11 now has very nice default map features. With a click I get my vfr, low and high charts---at no cost. I'd love to see this in the other sims as well.I like the rain effect in FSW, and it tells me that they,too, are working hard on features.

For me the sims, as with any hobby, is about discovery and surprise.

tony

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Venturi said:

Avsim can be brutal and aggressive at times

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

Pity you cannot spell correctly!

Bye.

@Venturi It seems you were proven correct by the prior post.   To dig so low as to point out petulant spelling mistakes, says more about the poster, than what they're posting about.  

• Upvote 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.