Sign in to follow this  
mac44

[Resolved] P3D v4 and Track IR

Just installed P3D v4 and my Track IR is not working (assume maybe because we have gone 64bit?).

Has anyone managed to get theirs working?

Edited by Poppet
[Resolved]

6 minutes ago, mac44 said:

Just installed P3D v4 and my Track IR is not working (assume maybe because we have gone 64bit?).

Has anyone managed to get theirs working?

Yes mine worked straight away in V4, no change to the settings required, it was actually the first time using Track IR as well, no issues. All I can say is ensure the TrackIR program is all loaded up and connected before launching P3D V4, and both the lights on the IR sender should light up.

thanks - I get one light but not 2 in game - it also seems my software is requesting to update so will give that a try also......and see if it helps..

Mine works fine as well - TCP with the latest software updates 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My TIR works fine with P3Dv4, no issues...try using the game update option in TIR.

spacer.png

I'm having the same issue with TrackIR not working in v4.  TIR is a separate application that uses simconnect API to hook into the sim, so the issue is not the conversion to 64-bit.   

I've tried some of the suggestions that worked for folks in v3 (run the simconnect msi installers in the redist subfolders, run both TIR and P3Dv4 as admin) but those have not solved the issue.  

I have FSX and FSW also installed - I wonder if there's a simconnect conflict somewhere...?

I read a post on the LM forums that another user had chaseplane and it "detected and fixed" an issue with P3Dv4 - after that TIR worked for that user in P3Dv4.  I don't use chaseplane, so anyone have any ideas what it may have fixed so I could do it manually?

TIA!

sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Try disconnecting TIR from usb, also reinstall it's driver.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Try disconnecting TIR from usb, also reinstall it's driver.

I'll give that a shot and report back, though TIR is working fine in every other sim...I'm pretty sure its a simconnect issue specific to v4.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I was able to get TrackIR working by manually starting EZDOC. It seems to be working well enough to provide the full range of motion (views) and I can assign views to buttoms.

That's enough for now.

Edited by bill62
Corrected EXDOC to EZDOC

Bill Moore

I updated to latest version of software and 64 bit driver and it works!

20 minutes ago, mac44 said:

I updated to latest version of software and 64 bit driver and it works!

Are the 64-bit drivers part of the 5.4.2 installer or can they be found elsewhere?  THANKS!

Task Manager shows I'm running TrackIR 5.4.2.27545 (32bit) on Win10-64bit. I have no issues running TrackIR 5 and P3D v4.

Where are these TrackIR 5 64bit drivers hiding?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I think people are confusing the TrackIR  app with the TrackIR  USB  drivers. 

when I installed the latest track ir software it also installed 64 bit drivers......

Anyone get it to work I too am having issue with Prepar3d v4.  First time user moved from win 7 fsx to dual boot Win 10 with prepar3d v4.

Thanks

Darcy