Posted (edited)

Little Navmap stable Release

Announcement on my page with all links.

Direct download link Windows

Direct download link macOS

Direct download link Linux

Small Changelog from 1.2.4 to 1.4.3

• Support for Prepar3D version 4
  • Procedures: Approaches, Transitions, SIDs and STARs (see note regarding SIDs and STARs) See here and here in the manual for details.
  • Airspaces
  • TACAN and VORTAC navaids (see note)
  • Offline GLOBE Elevation data - no known elevation errors and faster update. See here in the manual.
  • New flight plan export formats: GPX (including flown track), PMDG RTE, Aerosoft Airbus FLP and X-Plane FMS.
  • Ship traffic added
  • Output in route string dialog can be customized (see in manual).
  • Documentation now contains two tutorials.
  • Little Navconnect is now bundled together with the Little Navmap download.
  • Added option to calculate flight plan between selected waypoints of a present flight plan (manual).
  • Map colors and the colors for two GUI themes can now be customized in configuration files (see here for more information).
  • Problems with OpenStreetMap fixed.
  • Bug fixes and other small improvements.

Note: TACAN, VORTAC, SIDs and STARs are only available with fsAerodata update.

With the plain FSX/P3D you can use the included approaches and transitions.

Full changelog.

Edited by albar965
Removed final tag to avoid confusion

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks! Well done! Alex is the best.:cool:

Awesome! Cant wait to be using it in V4. Highly recommend to anyone to use this great navmap

Thank you very much Alex! :)

Thanks Alex. Your app is indispensable  for me.

I have a long weekend coming up so I'll be doing a few legs of my world tour - with, of course, Little Navmap! Thanks Alex!

Regards,

Barry

Thank you all for the kind words!

and a huge thank you to Barry for testing! Enjoy your world tour.

Alex

Hi Folks,

Yep - huge thanks to all involved - incredible "little" program...

Hi Alex,

Just curious - I think I saw mention of "final" version somewhere - so is this the end of development or do you have more treats on your radar for us ??? Either way is fine - as it is a complete application now - and - we truly appreciate your efforts... 

I think the only two "big" features missing from "little" application would be to add aircraft profiles (we could populate ourselves) and possibly reading the Weather files from something like AS16 for inclusion in planning...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

it is the final for *1.4* after the beta versions. Sorry, I'd better call it stable.

The next is 1.6. I already collected a list of tasks but these can change. The whole list of all tasks can keep me busy for a very long time.

I just added the aircraft profiles to the 1.6 milestone, totally forgot those.  I need the profiles too because I use ridiculous thumb rules (like: "What FSX estimates + 800 lbs") to calculate fuel for my GA flying. 

Somebody proposed to collect the aircraft information like fuel flow automatically which is a great idea too.

Regarding AS16: I already read their files for general and flight plan weather, but not the winds aloft. I agree, the winds could be displayed on the map and in the flight plan table too. Will create a ticket for that.

Best,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Hmm - I didn't realize weather was included - maybe I need to look a little closer at the "flight plan" screen ??? Typically - I was using that very basic calculation on the window where you set Altitude and Speed for your flight plan - it would give you a Distance and Time... I didn't realize it took into account the winds... It also sounds like I may be missing the more detailed flight plan screen ??? I'll make a point of looking closer this weekend...

Thanks so much !!!

Regards,
Scott

Scott, you're not missing anything because it is not there yet.

I do not use any wind calculation in the flight plan. 

AS16 or ASN  create a special file ("activeflightplanwx.txt") that contains the weather information for the flight plan. I read this file and use it to display the METAR and decoded weather for departure and destination. Nothing more.

You will see a suffix "Destination" or "Departure" in the tab "Weather" if the information is taken from the ASN/AS16 flight plan weather file.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Ahh - OK - thanks for your patience - LOL - I think I have it now...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Moin Alex,

gerade erst aufmerksam geworden aber in P3Dv4 schon erste Probeflüge mit Deinem Programm absolviert.

22 hours ago, albar965 said:

Thank you all for the kind words!

and a huge thank you to Barry for testing! Enjoy your world tour.

Alex

It was truly my pleasure Alex. I never fly any of my planes anywhere without LNM. When (...if...lol...) I finish the World Tour, I already have a couple of adventures I'm cooking up. I want to trace Route 66 and the Trans-Canada Highway flying my Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver. LNM will play a huge part in those plans using a couple of KML files I already have.

The World Tour. The Route 66 tour. The Trans-Canada Highway tour, None of these, or any of my short flights with my Epic Victory would be half as much fun without Little Navmap. Thanks again for all of your work, and if I can be of any further help, reach out any time.

Cheers,

Barry

Hi Alex- great program thanks. 

Ive tried to install latest build for P3D v4. 

When I click to start (as admin) the opening splash screen is showing and then it makes no progress. 

Any idea what I've done wrong please?  

Ive tried with and without navconnect. 

Cheers

Dean