Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

AI traffic in P3D v4

Are there any changes to v4 in regard of freeware AI traffic install? I'm using WoAI and a ton of airlines downloaded and installed with AI flight planner. To save myself from the lengthy nightmare of having to re-install everything after clean re-installs of v3 I made a backup of all the simobject/texture/effects/flight plan files so I could simply copy them back into v3 after re-installing. Will this work with v4 too?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

A word of caution regarding older AI models, the FSX native models will be fine, the FS9 models are not supported in V4 and might cause crashes.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

18 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

A word of caution regarding older AI models, the FSX native models will be fine, the FS9 models are not supported in V4 and might cause crashes.

Lee, was this true in P3D v3 as well (I'm still with FSX-SE) or is this new in v4?

Understandable but nonetheless unfortunate if true. The price of progress!

James

Just now, Midnight Music said:

Do you know the reason why the FS9 models are not supported? Is it a code issue? I'm asking because you said 'might' so I'm thinking there is a decent chance of them working?

Just now, honanhal said:

Lee, was this true in P3D v3 as well (I'm still with FSX-SE) or is this new in v4?

Must be new in v4. Been using the models with v3 and all work fine.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I'm guessing that the FS9 animations are no longer supported.

Hmm ... well about time some of the old(er) legacy code is left behind, to be honest... 

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Are there any improvements to the ATC code with respect to those daft things that some of them do shortly after loading? You know......diving down from high altitude, approaching way too high, landing short etc?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm guessing that the FS9 animations are no longer supported.

What animations would that be? As long as the aircraft are there and flying I'm okay.

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

Hmm ... well about time some of the old(er) legacy code is left behind, to be honest... 

I'm with you here. However, with AI flight planner I had more or less current flight plans and all the current liveries like United e.g. which no other addon has, to my knowledge.

Flaps, propellers, landing gears, etc.. Nothing that an aircraft  needs to look realistic.😉

How does the sim manage transitions from night light textures (on current AI) to dynamic lighting.  For example the horrible triangular, overly bright taxi light. Do developers of AI models need to make updates to the model in order to take advantage of dynamic light casting effects

There was a mention on the other WOAI thread, that an effort is underway to update all the models for FSX/P3D.   FAIB, FSP and other model makers.  

As far as animations, do we know if AI Controller works with P3D v4 since that controls some animations as well?

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I did some testing with WOAI in P3Dv4. On the good side, I did not have to re-install anything.  I basically ported over my files into v4, adjusted a few simobjects paths and had it up and running.  Now for the bad side.  From what I can see at its current state it's a no go. :(

Though I had all my models optimized as FSX models and they work and look great in v3, v4 has landing gear missing, black textures or flashing textures.  Zooming in/out can have models disappear and reappear.

Naturally curious to see what others find.  Glad to hear there may be P3Dv4 versions down the road.  I just can't cozy up to MyTraffic or UT yet.

Clutch

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

29 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

There was a mention on the other WOAI thread, that an effort is underway to update all the models for FSX/P3D.   FAIB, FSP and other model makers. 

I saw you posted in the other thread too but FAIB, FSP, AIA, AIG work well in v4. Take a look at the list of models in the other thread (AIG forum).

13 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Naturally curious to see what others find.  Glad to hear there may be P3Dv4 versions down the road.  I just can't cozy up to MyTraffic or UT yet.

I'm not fond of the payware addons either. I now use AI flight planner to install models, liveries and flight plans and most of the models used are FSX native so you may want to go with AIFP for traffic.

Isn't AIFP just for flight planning... but not the actual models?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

17 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Isn't AIFP just for flight planning... but not the actual models?

You download the most current flight plans from AIG from the library here (or older ones if you wish) and open a flight plan in AIFP. It will tell you which models it needs (have to be installed prior) and then you can click on each livery and it will automatically point you to the download site. Once downloaded you select install and it will install the livery into the corresponding model. When all liveries/models listed in the flight plan are there you click compose and it will generate a .bgl file within your scenery/world/scenery folder.

Bottom line is, most models it uses are FSX native (AIA, AIG, FAIB, FSP...)