Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

AI traffic in P3D v4

Thx Canuck.  I'll first wait a tad to see if WOAI comes up with something comprehensive.  Else I may have to eventually create my own like you.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 hour ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I did some testing with WOAI in P3Dv4. On the good side, I did not have to re-install anything.  I basically ported over my files into v4, adjusted a few simobjects paths and had it up and running.  Now for the bad side.  From what I can see at its current state it's a no go. :(

Though I had all my models optimized as FSX models and they work and look great in v3, v4 has landing gear missing, black textures or flashing textures.  Zooming in/out can have models disappear and reappear.

Naturally curious to see what others find.  Glad to hear there may be P3Dv4 versions down the road.  I just can't cozy up to MyTraffic or UT yet.

Clutch

Yup. I did the exact same thing, and saw the same thing. Some planes had missing landing gear, a couple had black, or missing textures, and same with some disappearing and reappearing while zooming in and out, or changing views. 

8 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Thx Canuck.  I'll first wait a tad to see if WOAI comes up with something comprehensive.  Else I may have to eventually create my own like you.

Welcome. The reason I went for AIFP are the current flight plans and current liveries/aircraft types (787, A350, 737 split scimitars, Airbus' with sharklets...)

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I've always found fsx native ai models to perform much better than fs9 models. I noticed this in V3

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I saw you posted in the other thread too but FAIB, FSP, AIA, AIG work well in v4. Take a look at the list of models in the other thread (AIG forum).

Right, the models those groups cover are FSX and work in v4.  I think dev in the other thread was alluding to that they are trying to cover the models of developers who no longer develop freeware AI or not updating their FS9 models.  There are many models outside those groups like the ones The Fruit Stand did. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I saw you posted in the other thread too but FAIB, FSP, AIA, AIG work well in v4. Take a look at the list of models in the other thread (AIG forum).

Right, the models those groups cover are FSX and work in v4.  I think dev in the other thread was alluding to that they are trying to cover the models of developers who no longer develop freeware AI or not updating their FS9 models.  There are many models outside those groups like the ones The Fruit Stand did. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

39 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Yep. I just realized 80% of my AI models are FSX native so I'm good. Will have to miss out on 777s though... TFS A330/A340 seem to work for some people.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

If Basepack is FS2004- but the livery is for FSX, but using Basepack fs2004- Will that not work for p3d v4? or do Basepack Also have to be for fsx?

Chris from Denmark

12 hours ago, copilot767 said:

If Basepack is FS2004- but the livery is for FSX, but using Basepack fs2004- Will that not work for p3d v4? or do Basepack Also have to be for fsx?

Chris from Denmark

The liveries don't matter. It's the models which have to be FSX native in order work in v4.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:45 AM, Canuck said:

Yep. I just realized 80% of my AI models are FSX native so I'm good. Will have to miss out on 777s though... TFS A330/A340 seem to work for some people.

We have some people working on conversions of the TFS (Fruit Stand) models at AIG, so if they are updated, you will be able to use the 777's etc.   FSP has also released the 777/A330 series and others as payware (it's pretty cheap and P3D native, looks great) that are available on Sim Market.   The recent FSP and all of FAIB work great in V4.  FAIB will also be releasing a new 767 series soon to replace the very dated AIA models.  Some AIG models have required conversions, and they work, but are not completely native to all of the correct AI native functions with lighting etc, but they will do for now.  

16 minutes ago, regulate said:

We have some people working on conversions of the TFS (Fruit Stand) models at AIG, so if they are updated, you will be able to use the 777's etc.   FSP has also released the 777/A330 series and others as payware (it's pretty cheap and P3D native, looks great) that are available on Sim Market.   The recent FSP and all of FAIB work great in V4.  FAIB will also be releasing a new 767 series soon to replace the very dated AIA models.  Some AIG models have required conversions, and they work, but are not completely native to all of the correct AI native functions with lighting etc, but they will do for now.  

That's why i love AIG.   Great work guys!   Keep those flightplans coming!  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

2 hours ago, regulate said:

Will it take long to convert the 777s? Not asking for a specific date, just wondering.

22 hours ago, Canuck said:

Will it take long to convert the 777s? Not asking for a specific date, just wondering.

The TFS 772LR/F was converted and posted a couple days ago.  Not sure which aircraft they are working on right now.  The TFS Dash 8 series, Saabs and other misc planes have been done so far. 

On 2017-6-1 at 6:12 AM, honanhal said:

Lee, was this true in P3D v3 as well (I'm still with FSX-SE) or is this new in v4?

Understandable but nonetheless unfortunate if true. The price of progress!

James

Incorrect v3.35 the models worked.

In version 2.xx it would ctd with the native models. Which was then fixed.  There are pages and pages about it on the ai alpha forums

14ppkc-6.png