Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

AI traffic in P3D v4

Glad to hear the TFS models are being worked on, they are a bit of a mess in v4 right now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

So, maybe a stupid question, there isn't really a freeware / payware package for models? OR is e.g. UT2 FSX models? Or fs9?.
I read the whole thread, but I'm lost, haha

I used to have sky-AI, but that got a bit shifty very quickly didn't it?

Victor Roos

I would suggest checking out Alpha India Group (google it, I don't have the link handy).

to the best of my knowledge they are the best hub for freeware ai flight plans and aircraft.  Most flight plans will have links to other required freeware aircraft required.  It's where most of my ai traffic comes from.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What resolution of AI aircraft textures are you guys using?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

On 6/2/2017 at 10:59 AM, Clutch Cargo said:

I did some testing with WOAI in P3Dv4. On the good side, I did not have to re-install anything.  I basically ported over my files into v4, adjusted a few simobjects paths and had it up and running.  Now for the bad side.  From what I can see at its current state it's a no go. :(

Though I had all my models optimized as FSX models and they work and look great in v3, v4 has landing gear missing, black textures or flashing textures.  Zooming in/out can have models disappear and reappear.

Naturally curious to see what others find.  Glad to hear there may be P3Dv4 versions down the road.  I just can't cozy up to MyTraffic or UT yet.

Clutch

I have been using the WOAI aircraft in FSX & love them. I too ported them over to P3Dv4 and find the same issues, and another you didn't explicitly state: when slew-flying over airports, some WOAI aircraft go from black to correct colors to black again. I'm planning on installing UTL when the P3Dv4 version is officially released, and ditching the WOAI friends from the past...

Just now, DMdoc said:

I have been using the WOAI aircraft in FSX & love them. I too ported them over to P3Dv4 and find the same issues, and another you didn't explicitly state: when slew-flying over airports, some WOAI aircraft go from black to correct colors to black again. I'm planning on installing UTL when the P3Dv4 version is officially released, and ditching the WOAI friends from the past...

You can still use AIFP. Most models it uses are FSX native so will work perfectly in v4 and the other ones are being converted to FSX models. This is a list which shows what models are working as of now which is being updated continually: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

Just now, Johnny19 said:

What resolution of AI aircraft textures are you guys using?

DXT something. I don't know much about that but I use the lowest possible. I don't notice any loss in visual quality and performance is much better.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I'm planning to install som FAIB planes to use with UT Live (in PD3v4). These packages describe where to extract the files directly into the FSX/P3D folders. However as I am going to use these with P3Dv4, I would like to hear which folders to use (which cfg/xml-files to change) in order to install the AI planes outside of the P3Dv4 folder (I assume this is possible)?

Pelle

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

4 hours ago, pellelil said:

I'm planning to install som FAIB planes to use with UT Live (in PD3v4). These packages describe where to extract the files directly into the FSX/P3D folders. However as I am going to use these with P3Dv4, I would like to hear which folders to use (which cfg/xml-files to change) in order to install the AI planes outside of the P3Dv4 folder (I assume this is possible)?

Pelle

You can install the aircraft into your P3Dv4 simobjects/aircraft folder as UTLive picks up on this.  I have a bunch of AI aircraft in mine and it is very easy to configure different aircraft with UTLive.  Are you using the latest V4 version of UTLive? 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 2017-06-30 at 11:54 AM, pellelil said:

Pelle

While I'm not sure if it's possible, dropping the files and folders into the main sim directory isn't an issue. You can easily move them out the sim folder should you need to. This whole outside-of-the-sim thing is more a matter of convenience as you don't have to install every addon again when you re-install the sim. I have traffic models installed in my main sim folder and I don't see a single reason not to. I have a backup so I simply drop them back into the simobjects folder after a re-install, should that be necessary. Of course, you should do what you think is best for you.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 30/6/2017 at 4:13 PM, Flic1 said:

You can install the aircraft into your P3Dv4 simobjects/aircraft folder as UTLive picks up on this.  I have a bunch of AI aircraft in mine and it is very easy to configure different aircraft with UTLive.  Are you using the latest V4 version of UTLive? 

I ended up making a new "AIAircraft" folder below SimObjects, into where i installed my AI-planes/re-paints. Once everything was setup, it was easy to backup the entire AIAircraft folder along with the few files I had to put in Effects and Textures. Yes I am using the latest version of UTLive with native support for P3Dv4, and its able to see all my AI-planes.

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

On 7/4/2017 at 9:23 PM, pellelil said:

I ended up making a new "AIAircraft" folder below SimObjects, into where i installed my AI-planes/re-paints. Once everything was setup, it was easy to backup the entire AIAircraft folder along with the few files I had to put in Effects and Textures. Yes I am using the latest version of UTLive with native support for P3Dv4, and its able to see all my AI-planes.

I thought of doing the same thing to keep my Simobjects tidier. Did you create a folder within simobjects called AIAircraft and stored all the AI aircraft in this folder and then placed the Traffic bgl files in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder? What tells P3dv4 to find the AIaircraft in this AI folder and not the Simobjects\Airplanes?

Geoff Bryce

To keep P3D clean you can also use the add-on.xml-approach to tell the sim where your traffic setup is located. So no need to move anything in the root folders anymore.

My add-on.xml for AI:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>AI Traffic - Aircraft</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>AI Traffic - Aircraft</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D Add-on\AI Traffic - Aircraft</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D Add-on\AI Traffic - Aircraft\effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Name>AI Traffic - Aircraft</Name>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D Add-on\AI Traffic - Aircraft\scenery</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D Add-on\AI Traffic - Aircraft\texture global</Path>
    <Type>GLOBAL</Type>    
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christoph, this created and placed in the main P3D folder? and yes, I see, it provides the map for P3D to find these files

The xml file simply needs editing for the different paths.  

Looks ideal...say he who has never used one before....

Geoff Bryce

Hi Geoff. There should be a "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder in your Documents folder. Make a new folder inside, call it "AI Traffic" or whatever you like. And there place the xml-file.
E.g.: XXX:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AI Traffic - Aircraft 

Then adjust the folder paths in the xml-file (<Path>) to the location where you have installed your AI.

PS: If you are using any FSDT or Flightbeam airport you should find already some folders inside the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"  with corresponding xml-files. You could use them as template for your own file. 

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Hi Geoff. There should be a "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder in your Documents folder. Make a new folder inside, call it "AI Traffic" or whatever you like. And there place the xml-file.
E.g.: XXX:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AI Traffic - Aircraft 

Then adjust the folder paths in the xml-file (<Path>) to the location where you have installed your AI.

PS: If you are using any FSDT or Flightbeam airport you should find already some folders inside the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"  with corresponding xml-files. You could use them as template for your own file. 

Thanks for the info Christoph, I will have a quick look now. When checking my P3Dv4 win10 docs, I see that OneDrive seems to have taken over the whole document process...I wondered the other day why flight plans and other docs were not showing up in 'usual' document paths. It seems I have to add OneDrive in the process, unless I can get rid of it.

And yes, I could see all the xml files to use as a template

Geoff Bryce