Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

P3D V4 Support

Frank, if you read the notes above with the beta version you will see that FSUIPC5 does not presently support VRI MCP Combos. You will need to reprogram your stick button assignments or copy your config-hid.lua across from P3Dv3/FSX. No other programs are required.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

ok.

ci can make no key assign at this time.

i test it with keypress (p) Pause. i can progamm this - no aktion is when i press the buttom on my stick

Must i copy all inda Folders from my P3D V3 modules Folder to my new P3D V4 SSD

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Frank, I will get back to answer your questions later. I am very busy trying to sort out the FSUIPC5/LINDA fault at present. You will need to wait until I issue a full working version of LINDA 3.0.0 before you will be able to work.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks Eric. I have just tested FSUIPC 5.101e with my MPC panel and I get an error at line 22 of init.lua. I have reported back that there is still a problem.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

5 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

ok.

ci can make no key assign at this time.

i test it with keypress (p) Pause. i can progamm this - no aktion is when i press the buttom on my stick

Must i copy all inda Folders from my P3D V3 modules Folder to my new P3D V4 SSD

Frank

Hi Frank, sorry for the delay in answering your question.

I will need to the investigate the problem of assigning a key press to a button. It is something I don't normally use. It may be a problem with FSUIPC5. All joystick button assignments should work. 

For users moving from FSX/P3Dv3 to P3Dv4, you need to copy the contents from the /linda and /linda-cfg folders of your existing Flt Sim into the same ones for P3Dv4.

There are 2 words of causrion. First, LINDA 3.0.0 is still a beta release and there are issues with FSUIPC5 stopping them functioning in some cases. Secondly, there are very few 64-bit addons that are compatible with P3Dv4 64-bit. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Frank, I have tested assigning a Key Press to a button, eg. P for pause Flt sim. I was able to do the assignment but it only had an effect with the Flt Sim window was selected. This is correct as Key Presses simulate pressing the key within the Flt Sim.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scotflieger,

sorry my englisch is not so good.

I can not understand what you will say to me.

1. first i install fsuipc

2. i copy linda beta in modules

3 i  copy old  linda cfg. and linda from my P3D V3 System into modules

thats all what i do. when i press a button on my controllers i can see this in linda.

when i programm a keypress it wors in linda, nothing changes in the sim.

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Kein Probleme Frank.

You should try the latest version of FSUIPC5 5.101g (released today). There are still problems with the 3.0.0 beta I posted (VRI does not work). However, could I ask you to wait until I can issue a working version before you and others keep asking me to fix things. Software testing takes time.

Your understanding is correct with steps 1 to 3.

Are you talking about a Key Press on the keyboard (Taste) or pressing a button on a joystick?  I tested the KeyPress assignment last night and it worked BUT you must have the Simulator window selected for the key press to be recognised and actioned.

As I say. Please wait a couple of days and I hope be able to give a version of LINDA that works as before. In the meantime, enjoy flying with P4Dv3.4!!!

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks , sounds good.

I press a buttom on the Joystick. I use Fsuipc 5.1.01 without g

Greatings from EDDM

Frank

Make sure download and use latest FSUIPC 5.101g FSUIPC5.DLL. It has major internal changes to work with LINDA. LINDA does not display the 'g' variant number. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

UPDATE:  Work has been ongoing to get LINDA and FSUIPC5 talking correctly. I have been passed an update for FSUIPC5 to allow me to talk to the VRi Combo MCP. I can write to the display but there remains a problem reading the buttons and knobs. Investigations continue. There are a few offset issues within LINDA that I need to sort out.

Please note that I have some priority real world work over the next few days so progress will slow. I would hope to deliver a working solution by the end of next week.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

2 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

UPDATE:  Work has been ongoing to get LINDA and FSUIPC5 talking correctly. I have been passed an update for FSUIPC5 to allow me to talk to the VRi Combo MCP. I can write to the display but there remains a problem reading the buttons and knobs. Investigations continue. There are a few offset issues within LINDA that I need to sort out.

Please note that I have some priority real world work over the next few days so progress will slow. I would hope to deliver a working solution by the end of next week.

Take your time and please don't feel pressure from us. P3Dv4 will be around for quite a long time and we will have plenty of time to use it. Waiting a couple of weeks for a stable, solid version that works with VRi and the modules for the PMDG aircraft is no problem. 

• Upvote 2

Eric 

UPDATE: The latest fix release to FSUIPC5 5.101j now enables LINDA 3.0.0 beta to control the VRi Combo MCPs for P3Dv4 64-bit users.  I will hopefully release a further beta version later today.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

New beta of 64-bit LINDA 3.0.0 (648) is available from the LINDA Download page.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK