Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

P3D V4 Support

3 hours ago, NBL5370 said:

i have tried the latest version that is where the 747 has no wheels and no gauges and it kills linda as in the log. I load up fsuipc with the d version and the pmdg is flyable but cannot use vrinsight mcp. As soon as I change the dll back to k the PMDG is not flyable but linda loads but cannot connect to mcp.

There are reported problems on another forum of problems with PDMG747 for P3Dv4 using calls to an old version of FSUIPC. I suggest you go to the PDMG support website to get the latest beta.

"just installed the 747-400 build 8334 via the PMDG Operations Centre and it fixed the "dead" issue with fsuipc 5.101k. All is working again."

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Scott,

Loaded the latest version of linda and fsuipc.

Is the MCP2 from Vrinsight fully supported at present.

If i load one of the downloadable profiles the mcp loads but none of the knobs work.

Is there a line in one of the ini files that needs adding. Been a while i cant remember.

Thanks

Darren

1 minute ago, DT506 said:

Scott,

Loaded the latest version of linda and fsuipc.

Is the MCP2 from Vrinsight fully supported at present.

If i load one of the downloadable profiles the mcp loads but none of the knobs work.

Is there a line in one of the ini files that needs adding. Been a while i cant remember.

Thanks

Darren

Darren

i appear to have broken the MCP functionality. Trying to work out what I have done wrong. Sorry. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

If you wish to use SPAD (why would you?) then untick the Saitek Panels checkbox on Setup LINDA page and disable all Saitek Panels on Setup Joystick page. LINDA will then not take control. There are major changes for Saitek control in 3.0.0.

Scot,

Many apologies for wasting your time. I don't know what I did, but all is good now. I have made a wee donation via PayPal to say thanks for your excellent work.

Steven

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Darren

i appear to have broken the MCP functionality. Trying to work out what I have done wrong. Sorry. 

UPDATE: There remains a problem with the latest test FSUIPC5.dll (5.101j, 5.101k and 5.101m). The MCP panel knobs/buttons are correctly recognised when P3Dv4 and LINDA 3.0.0.656 initially start - LINDA must be running first. However, if LINDA GUI is opened or a restart LUA engine is initiated the connection fails. LINDA can still output to the display but will not recognised knob/button inputs. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

27 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

UPDATE: There remains a problem with the latest test FSUIPC5.dll (5.101j, 5.101k and 5.101m). The MCP panel knobs/buttons are correctly recognised when P3Dv4 and LINDA 3.0.0.656 initially start - LINDA must be running first. However, if LINDA GUI is opened or a restart LUA engine is initiated the connection fails. LINDA can still output to the display but will not recognised knob/button inputs. 

I actually experienced this on the 777 this morning. There was a pause in the sim and LINDA/MCP panel reset and the connection was lost. Could not turn any knobs but it displayed correctly. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

UPDATE: LINDA 3.0.0 Beta Build 664 available for download. Please note caveat on start up order and restarting LUA engine.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Happened again.  Autostarted LINDA, it opened along with the console which I closed.  Everthing was perfect with the PMDG777 but about 15 -20 minutes into the flight the VRInsight restarted.  Flash of the lights and it starts over thus losing all control over it.  Any idea what is going on?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I don't know what would have reset your MCP panel in flight. Was it just the panel or did LINDA restart as well? I am still working to resolve FSUIPC5 failing to work after a LUA restart. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

UPDATE: Thanks to some great work last night by FSUICP5 developer, we now have a fix for the loss of VRi MCP control after a restart. I have made available LINDA 3.0.0 Beta Build 673 which will resolve the issue once FSUIPC5 5.102 is released. Keep watching the Updated Modules page.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

15 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I don't know what would have reset your MCP panel in flight. Was it just the panel or did LINDA restart as well? I am still working to resolve FSUIPC5 failing to work after a LUA restart. 

37 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

UPDATE: Thanks to some great work last night by FSUICP5 developer, we now have a fix for the loss of VRi MCP control after a restart. I have made available LINDA 3.0.0 Beta Build 673 which will resolve the issue once FSUIPC5 5.102 is released. Keep watching the Updated Modules page.

No just the VRInsight panel flickers and restarts.  LINDA seems just fine.  I also have an issue wit the PMDG 777 FMC resetting to the MENU page and that is was triggers the restart.  Hopefully this new build will sort it out but it may be a PMDG issue.

Mark W   CYYZ      

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

No just the VRInsight panel flickers and restarts.  LINDA seems just fine.  I also have an issue wit the PMDG 777 FMC resetting to the MENU page and that is was triggers the restart.  Hopefully this new build will sort it out but it may be a PMDG issue.

I would need the full fsuipc5.log with LINDA verbose logging switched on to see what is happening with the panel flicker. There are PDMG issues outwith my ability or that of LINDA to fix.

If you follow the FUSIPC5 LINDA thread, I am using 5.101p to fix the MCP issue. You need beta 3.0.0.673 too.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

UPDATE: The second formal release of 64-bit FSUIPC5 version 5.102 is now available for download. This provides full functionality for LINDA 3.0.0 beta release. All comment and feedback of this beta is welcome before I formally release it. LINDA 3.0.0 is compatible with 32-bit AND 64-bit Flight Simulators.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK