Posted Image

Please read here

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scott

OK, now we have FSUIPC5, will it go ahead.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

You are ahead of me. Patience please.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

:biggrin:  No problem, take your time :biggrin:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

The P3Dv4-compatible FSUIPC5 5.10 is now available for download and a new key can be purchased from simmarket. There is no free upgrade from FSUIPC4. 

I have done a very quick start up with LINDA 2.6.7 (a development version) and it appears to work partially with P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5. That is the good news but there are issues that I will need to investigate and resolve. The issues I have found so far are:

• LINDA had to be started up after P3Dv4 for LINDA to find the fsuipc.ini file.
  • Simconnect and FSUIPC5 log close unexpectedly.
  • The console does not display logging information.
  • The Tracer page is not working.
  • The FSX commands (including the FSX Default functions) do not appear to work.
  • FSUIPC5 does not presently work with the VRInsight Serial Interface.
  • LINDA cannot work with the VRInsight MCP Combo panels as a result. 
  • Other LINDA functions and command appear to work.

This is just the first things I spotted. Any other areas users find not to work should be reported here. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Update: It appears that the LUA side of LINDA will function with P3Dv4/FSUIPC5. This means that configurations defined and saved will be called and actioned within the simulation. For example, a button assigned to the Park Brake will operate the brakes. 

What is not working is the communication interface between the LINDA GUI and FSUIPC5. This is what is stopping the Tracer and Console working correctly. The FSUIPC setup warning will indicate an error. 

What does this mean for users? You should be able to use existing joystick setups with available aircraft addons in P3Dv4. You should be able to change and save new assignments. However, you will need to close down and restart P3Dv4 for changes to take effect (the GUI can not be trigger a restart). Additionally, VRInsight MCP Combo panels will not work until FSUIPC5 adds the necessary serial interface. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have been playing around a bit with version 2.9.6.55. While many of the mapped buttons appears to work, there are also a bunch that do not work. For instance, battery, avionics, instrument lights, landing lights, pitot heat, and fuel pump work, but other stuff such as parking brake, flaps, spoilers, and magnetos do not. I have no idea that has why this is the case. It does not seem to be aircraft dependent, I have the same issue with multiple aircraft.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

Just now, Eytan_Ofir said:

Im sorry for the stupid question but i didnt understand is 2.9.7 releasd yet?

As I wrote, 2.9.7 is a development version. It has not been released and won't be until I resolve the current problem. Once a version is released to the 'public' all developers will update the version number they are working on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

1 minute ago, kolaf said:

I have been playing around a bit with version 2.9.6.55. While many of the mapped buttons appears to work, there are also a bunch that do not work. For instance, battery, avionics, instrument lights, landing lights, pitot heat, and fuel pump work, but other stuff such as parking brake, flaps, spoilers, and magnetos do not. I have no idea that has why this is the case. It does not seem to be aircraft dependent, I have the same issue with multiple aircraft.

As I summarised, many of the basic FSX default functions using FSX Controls do not appear to be working.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

14 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

As I summarised, many of the basic FSX default functions using FSX Controls do not appear to be working.

Good point, sorry I forgot that I had already read that :-). That's weird, because FSUIPC gets itself should not have changed? 

On a related note, it seems that both my saitek quadrants (one connected to the yoke and one connected directly through USB) are working correctly on the Baron. I think you wrote earlier that would this was a known problem?

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

5 minutes ago, kolaf said:

On a related note, it seems that both my saitek quadrants (one connected to the yoke and one connected directly through USB) are working correctly on the Baron. I think you wrote earlier that would this was a known problem?

The reports on FSUIPC5 support forum suggest that it is duplicate throttle quadrant devices that are affected with only one being recognised. You have throttle quadrant and 3 additional levers (axis) and 9 buttons attached to your yoke device.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

10 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

The reports on FSUIPC5 support suggest that it is duplicate throttle quadrant devices that are affected with only one being recognised. You have throttle quadrant and 3 additional levers (axis) and 9 buttons attached to your yoke device.

Sorry, I misunderstood what the problem was, then.

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen