alpha117

P3D V4 Support

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I would need the full fsuipc5.log with LINDA verbose logging switched on to see what is happening with the panel flicker. There are PDMG issues outwith my ability or that of LINDA to fix.

If you follow the FUSIPC5 LINDA thread, I am using 5.101p to fix the MCP issue. You need beta 3.0.0.673 too.

OK,  I will probably only have a chance to test on the weekend.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

At frist time, sorry for my bad English.

I am using P3Dv4 with FSUIPC v5.102 and LINDA v3.0.0.673.

All is correct but I have a little problem and I don't know where is the possible solution: 

When the flight is about 40 min fying, I can ear a "ding-dong" like when an USB device  is disconnect/connect, then the FS revice a mesage "LUA is reloading" and the MCPCombo2 (boeing) just not fucntion, all is "freeze". I try to reload LUA engine, but nothing, the rest of the flight I can't use VRI Combo. The only one mode to solve is closing P3Dv4 an run it again.

This problem I have not with P3Dv3.

Please, anybody help me?

Thanks and best regards.

Hi Adolfo, Welcome to the LINDA community and thank you for the report.

I would need you to send me the fsuipc5.log and linda2.log before the next flight for me to be able to diagnose the problem. Better still you need to goto Setup LINDA, enable Developer mode and select Verbose logging. This will ensure I have extra data to work on. Log files should be emailed to linda @ awginfosys.net.

With the loss of the MCP panel it would suggest that FSUIPC5 has lost connection with the panel. This is the only device that LINDA can not force a restart. The only way is to close and restart P3Dv4.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I will send you the files, but after the last "freeze" I closed P3dV4 and restart it again.

If I will have the same problem, I send you the files too.

Best,

Do you really need to copy over all files on the new updates or is it ok to just copy over the exe ?

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Do you really need to copy over all files on the new updates or is it ok to just copy over the exe ?

All files shoud be installed as there can be changes to critical files. The installation is configured not to overwrite key configuration files. 

Remember, since LINDA 2.9.7 the Maintenance page allows you to define the install folder and automatically install the uodate. You must ensure that FSXSync is cancelled and no aircraft is selected to start with. At the end you need to exit LINDA and rename the LINDA-3xx.exe to LINDA.exe. 

OK and then I just copy back the backup of the linda and linda-cfg folders plus another file with my settings....is it the ipcReady.lua ?

What are you actually trying to do? If you are migrating from FSX/P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 for the FIRST time you only need to copy the \linda\aircrafts\ and \linda-cfg\aircrafts folder contents from your old setup to P3Dv4. Ignore ipcReady.lua file - this is what allows FSUIPC to start LINDA. 

10 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

What are you actually trying to do? If you are migrating from FSX/P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 for the FIRST time you only need to copy the \linda\aircrafts\ and \linda-cfg\aircrafts folder contents from your old setup to P3Dv4. Ignore ipcReady.lua file - this is what allows FSUIPC to start LINDA. 

I have already moved over everything.  I just want to update withou losing my settings. 

12 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I have already moved over everything.  I just want to update withou losing my settings. 

Your settings should not be lost or changed. What are you losing? If there is an issue I need to address that so that they are not affected. 

Previously on a full download if I pointed e installer to my flight sim folder it wiped out all of my aircraft and MCP settings. 

43 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Previously on a full download if I pointed e installer to my flight sim folder it wiped out all of my aircraft and MCP settings. 

There was a mistake on my part with the first LINDA 3.0.0 beta which did overwrite your configurations. This has been corrected in later builds. It should not happen.

OK, I will give it a try (and backup of course).

Hello,

Since I passed to P3Dv4, I cannot configure any more my Saitek without starting P3Dv4
Saitek works very well, but if I try to use a button, there is nothing in Linda.
With P3Dv3, I could configure my Saitek in Linda, without starting P3Dv3. I started Linda and I configured my Saitek, there, I cannot any more.

Saitek is recognized well in Linda and I lost all my regulations.

Saitek Panel is activated in "Setup Linda"

I hope that you understood my problem I am bad in English, sorry

2 minutes ago, marcus55 said:

Since I passed to P3Dv4, I cannot configure any more my Saitek without starting P3Dv4
Saitek works very well, but if I try to use a button, there is nothing in Linda.
With P3Dv3, I could configure my Saitek in Linda, without starting P3Dv3. I started Linda and I configured my Saitek, there, I cannot any more.

Saitek is recognized well in Linda and I lost all my regulations.

Saitek Panel is activated in "Setup Linda"

Hi Marcus, the way LINDA manages the Saitek panels changed radically in LINDA 3.0.0 beta. I have detailed the changes in the Release Notes.

If you wish LINDA to fully control the Saitek Multi and Radio Panels using standard AP and Radio you need to tick the Saitek Panels checkbox in Setup LINDA page. You also need to disable these 2 panels in the Setup Joysticks page. This has the effect of disabling any assignments made in the Joysticks page. The Switch Panel is different as all functions are still assigned in the Joysticks page. This panel must be remain enabled in the Setup Joystick page.

If you wish to use the old LINDA LUA assignments in previous versions, you need to untick the Saitek Panels checkbox in Setup LINDA page. This configuration suffers from a slow response to user inputs.

If you do not wish LINDA to manage the Saitek Panels and use software like Spad or SpadNxt then you need to untick the Saitek Panels checkbox in the Setup LINDA page AND disable the panels in Setup Joysticks page.

OK , I understand

and thank you for having answered me so quickly!

I am quickly going to try.

Thank you for your work and I would donate you that I could

Is there a way to stop the console from opening and then having to manually close it?

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Is there a way to stop the console from opening and then having to manually close it?

That problem was fixed in beta build 673. The Console if closed before you close LINDA normally will not open automatically.

If you are opening and closing LINDA automatically, please ensure that the FSUIPC5.ini [Programs] entry has CLOSE not KILL for LINDA.exe.

Please check out beta build 678 on download page. 

hello,

I tried the radio module saitek and there is nothing which displays in screens.
Buttons work all but The screens of the radio module Saitek show nothing.

You have an idea?

Thank you in advance

++

Just now, marcus55 said:

I tried the radio module saitek and there is nothing which displays in screens.
Buttons work all but The screens of the radio module Saitek show nothing.

You have an idea?

Are you using Win10?

Win10 Pro

Fscuip 5.102

I tried not to use Linda for the management of radio Saitek and multi-Saitel panel and that works!!

I used Linda for the switch panel, TPM and Yoke.

There, I do not understand anymore, there is not a driver for Panel of installed, nothing....

There is a problem with Saitek Panels on Win10 due to the power they require. Win10 switches off or reduces current to USB port to save power usage giving you a blank LED display. I had the same problem and it took me some time (several months) to resolve it. You are supposed to be able to change the settings via Control Panel but I found the surest way was to use RegEdit. You should also connect your Saitek panels directly to your PC and not to a USB hub.

The Regedit procedure is as follows but you need to do it carefully. You do so at your own risk.

• Search for Regedit and open it.
  • Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\
  • Locate the VID_06A3&PID_0D05 and 0D06 for Saitek Radio and Multi panels.
  • Under each device you will find 1 or more instances (occurrences) of each device depending on how many USB ports you have plugged them into.
  • Clicking on each of these instances you will see a line Device Parameter. Link on this.
  • On righthand side you should see the line EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled. By default the data value is set to 0x00000001 (1).
  • Double click on this line and enter 0 and click OK.
  • Repeat for each instance of each panel.

After rebooting your PC the panel LEDs should be lit.

hello,

I know, I have the only one of it to modify. I would make tries a little later and I would inform you about results

Hello,

I had deactivated the management of the power supply by  Windows ,but........ I forgot  1 hub!! Grrrr!

I have make 2 tries, it seems to work. I would make tries longer with other planes.