Sign in to follow this  
NoahDoah

Is the Flight1 GTN750 affecting performance a lot?

Hello,

I actually wanted to buy the Mindstar GNS530/430. However, I realized I will buy a new, fast computer in a few months. I just wanted the Mindstar because it's very lightweight. But when I buy my new PC, I can also use heavier things. So why should I now buy a lightweight, old GNS 530 without "Bells ans Whistles", when I can have an awesome touchscreen GPS for the same.

But there is still some time between now and the purchase of my new computer. And I finally want to get a new GPS to fly IFR.

The minimum requirements of the Flight1 GTN 750 say: 

CPU: Intel core i5/i7 quad-core or equivalent 
RAM: 8GB 
GPU: Nvidia GTX 500 series or equivalent with at least 1GB memory 

My current system looks like that:

CPU: 2.1 GhZ Intel Duo Core
RAM: 4GB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4500 with 512 MB memory
SIM: FSX: Steam Edition

Is there any chance my sim will run with FPS other than 5 FPS? At the moment I am used to around 16 Frames per second. In flight sim this looks so smooth. So: Does it need lots of resources what maked the whole computer laggy? I just would like to bridge the gap between now and my pc purchase.

Thanks!

Why bother now to get something that is way above your current specs, and I mean way above!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, I know. But maybe it runs. And it would be only for a few months until I buy my a PC.

I just don't want to spend 80€ for the Mindstar GPS plus NavData and keep it only for a few months until I buy the GTN 750 for another 50$.

41 minutes ago, Zatoichi said:

It does not affect my FPS in a noticeable manner.

Thanks, what are your system specs?

I would not do that with your system. I had a system with 3 ghz core duo and it was unusable. There are a lot of things going on in the GTN750.