Sign in to follow this  
djjamieg

MSVCR80.dll CTD. Please help.

hi, I'm at tipping point with fsx and my computer due to this MSVCR80.dll causing my computer to crash while playing fsx:SE. 

This has been ongoing for 4 months (since i had the Brand New computer) at almost every attempt to play the game, sometimes 5 minutes after takeoff, sometimes 2 hours into flight (strangely never on the ground, always during flight). I've followed at least 20 different forum instructions including AVSims CTD guide with no joy, I've contacted Aerosoft as it seems to happen frequently but not limited to when I'm using there airbus product (pmdg B737/B777 can also be subject to these MSVCR80.dll crashes). Aerosofts response is that its not there product causing the problem so look else where for help.  

So you can be up to date with what i have tried to resolve this problem i have provided a listed below with the steps i have already taken to try and solve this problem. 

Over 5 Clean installs of FSX:SE (including re-setting my PC to factory settings) 

deleted the FSX.cfg file, (now this seems to solve the problem temporary but i can only complete one flight. if i shut fsx down and restart i get the CTD)

I have Downloaded every single C++ redistributable packages form 2005 to 2015: 

2005 64x

2005 86x

2005 64x/86x SP1

2008 64x

2008 86x

2008 64x/86x SP1

2010 64x/86x 

2012 64x/86x

2013 64x/86x

2015 64x/86x

i am also aware that the MSVCR80.dll is related to the 2005 package(s). 

Ive Used .Net framework tool after a CTD. 

im really out of ideas on what else to do. 

I have over 50 add on airports which are all compatible with FSX:SE and my computer spec should handle these with ease. (See specs below) 

I use IVAO online.

I Use Active Sky Next 2015. 

Specs: 

i5-6400 2.70ghz

16gb Ram

1TB Hardrive (which i have FSX SE installed on)

120gb SSD

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 graphics.

Windows 10 64X 

Please help! 

Thanks, Jamie.

All the MSVCR80.dll is telling you is that something is not installed properly.  Something that uses Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 because it was used by the developer of the product to make sure the product was installed as intended.  Make sure you have UAC disabled.  Make sure any anti-virus or anti-malware program is not scanning your FSX directory.

Looking at your add-ons, I would suspect IVAO software as that is old stuff.  If you have over 50 airports that you say are compatible (there are over 50 airports compatible with FSX-SE?), then it could be one of them.  It could be high settings triggering the crash but since it was the MSVCR80.dll, it is one of those really old airports or program used by IVAO. 

In the AVSIM CTD Guide, I outline how to fix most crashes/freezes in FSX (around page 10) but here is the latest version:

How to fix Most Freezes/Crashes –

Return to your default configuration

·         Move your simulator’s config to a temporary folder or delete the configuration.

·         Move your scenery.cfg to a temporary folder.

·         Move your dll.xml and exe.xml to a temporary folder (they are found in the same folder as the folder where your simulator’s config is located as these files are not installed by default) (see also Move/Disable modules in your dll.xml).

·         For P3D users only – the default location of the dll.xml and exe.xml is in the same folder where the P3D scenery.cfg is located (C:/Program Data/Lockheed Martin/ Scenery). 

·         Restart your simulator.  The appropriate sim config and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.  You are now in the default configuration of your simulator.

·         For Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Users – Move the UIAutomationcore.dll, Version 16386 to the main FSX Folder.  FSX-SE already has a version installed when you install that program.  This is just for FSX users.

·         FSX users only should make sure they have entered the following parameter in the Graphic Section of the configuration:  highmemfix=1.

·         If simulator is now working and no crashes, move the dll.xml and exe.xml, if applicable, in the temporary folder back. 

·         Move the scenery.cfg from the temporary folder and return it to the scenery.cfg folder and overwrite the default scenery.cfg.

·         If you had SimObjects added in your old configuration, open up your old FSX/P3D config and copy/paste the missing entries into your new config such as:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects

SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

This procedure will fix most crashes with any simulator.  FS experts have stated that moving, renaming, or deleting the FSX/P3D.cfg is the same as reinstalling FSX or P3D.

The next thing discussed in the AVSIM CTD Guide is to make sure you are running FSX in compatibility mode (i.e., Always Run in Administrative Mode for ALL User - not just you).  Got images and stuff to show you how to do that.

Renaming your Scenery.cfg to Scenery.old and restarting FSX will allow the scenery.cfg to be rebuilt to the default.  This will then rule out any possibility it is a scenery causing your problems.  If the flight plan you are using is causing crashes, you would want to enable that scenery to see if it is causing your crashes.  If you have IVAO software enabled, make sure it is disabled during your testing.

Bottom line is that you have to investigate your CTD and you have been doing that.  If your crashes are occurring after 5 "clean" installs (which means you have no add-ons running, no scenery, no IVAO) then there is a problem with your computer system.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the Reply Jim, would like to run through some things with you.

1. 50 addon sceneries is an estimation, i have all the uk2000 sceneries installed, i have the majority of big city airports like LPPT LEBL EHAM LFPG from aerosoft ect. i know for sure i have 83 add on airports, id say 10 of them offer FSE:SE in the installation program which makes be believe they are compatible, (i may be wrong tho.)  i also had the disc version of FSX but i couldn't reinstall it even after factory resetting my pc. 

2. Whats a UAC, not sure what this is lol. sorry. 

3. My settings are matched to AVSims Install guide. how do i make sure admin is set for ALL USER? images would be great thanks. 

4. i know IVAO is old but i do enjoy using there system, if it is the case that IVAO is causing the problem, do you have any suggestions to fix or should i switch to vatsim?

Thanks again mate. 

3 hours ago, djjamieg said:

i also had the disc version of FSX but i couldn't reinstall it even after factory resetting my pc

Well, that is your problem.  You cannot use FSX Disk Version with FSX-SE.  They are coded differently so why you are getting the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 error.  If you click on reinstall FSX-SE, the installation program will see that it is already installed and will offer you the opportunity to uninstall it or repair the installation.  Repairing FSX-SE will not harm your installation of your scenery's other than it will overwrite you scenery.cfg and install the default.  So you want to make sure you save your current scenery.cfg to scenery.orig before you do a repair.

Whats a UAC, not sure what this is lol. sorry. 

From the AVSIM CTD Guide - Disable User Access Controls (UAC) –It is strongly suggested by many to disable UAC prior to installing any application or add-on.  AVSIM recommends keeping UAC disabled while using your simulator too unless you have your simulator installed in the non-default location (i.e., C:\Program Files (x86)).  An application like your simulator may not work properly with UAC enabled as there are security controls to prevent some users from access to a file. Go to Windows Search and type in ‘User Access Controls’ then look up and click on “Change User Access Controls Settings”.  When open, pull the slider to the bottom.   

My settings are matched to AVSims Install guide. how do i make sure admin is set for ALL USER? images would be great thanks. 

On page 11, AVSIM CTD Guide, for Windows 7, it shows a box for All Users In Windows 10 I do not see "All Users" but it is there if you click on Options at the bottom.

i know IVAO is old but i do enjoy using there system, if it is the case that IVAO is causing the problem, do you have any suggestions to fix or should i switch to vatsim?

Hopefully this is not the problem but I have seen crashes in the past with IVAO and Vatsim users.  If it is properly configured, there should be no issues but I mentioned it as it is old software and FSX-SE may not be recognizing it properly.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi jim, ok great I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere, so heres whats happened. I installed FSX disc verson on my brand new PC, after a couple of weeks I done a factory reset without uninstalling fsx (as I thought this would completely wipe everything of my system)

After the reset I then tried to re-install FSX disc verson but half way though the install the game come up with an error message, I couldn't find a solution, so then I brought FSX:SE, downloaded fine but the MSVCR80.dll started. what steps shall I take now.

Thanks again mate. 

1 hour ago, djjamieg said:

sorry, where do I repair fsx se? I cant find anything suggesting it. 

Just click on the installer for FSX-SE.  It should see FSX-SE is already installed and, if so, it will give you two options, one to uninstall and one to Repair.

For FSX (disk version), if you want to uninstall it, please follow the guidance at the following link - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.  It is important that you remove all remnants of FSX or you could run into issues.  If you want to move add-ons you had with FSX boxed version to FSX-SE, you can follow the guidance at the following link - https://fsxinsider.com/transitioning-from-boxed-fsx-to-fsxse-part-1-fsx-stripback/.  I do not recommend you have FSX boxed version (you called it disc version), and FSX-SE. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, djjamieg said:

sorry, where do I repair fsx se? I cant find anything suggesting it. 

At this point, i would uninstall all FSX versions(disc and FSX-SE). Then, download and run this tool http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_installer_cleanup_utility.html Caefully, select only FSX to remove. For FSX-SE it could display only the version number(right click on FSX-SE.EXE / Properties to find this number. 

Then, download FSX Registry Utility from here https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php Check if the utility can find FSX entries in registry, if so, delete them.

Install FSX-SE(since this is the best FSX version IMHO).

Install all your add-ons.

Download and run this installer http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html It will install all latest C++ libraries, in case some addon installed older version. Check this link from time to time, it is allways up to date.

P.S. 

Before you reinstall FSX:

uninstall all addons first, and delete all fsx and fsx-se folders - shaders in C:\Users\007\AppData\Local, CFG files in C:\Users\007\AppData\Roaming\ , scenery files in C:\ProgramData\ , pictures in documents. Just search there for microsoft or / and FSX

• Upvote 1

hi guys, right well ive come to the conclusion that my computer is in a right mess with fsx, I'm getting acess denied errors and permissions while trying to delete fsx holders ect, ive unintalled all the addons and fsx:se itself. Now i wanna factory reset my PC and start again, Will this delete these files i don't have permission for or do i need to find a way to get permission? i really am struggling lol. 

As I stated above, you need to disable User Access Controls and exempt your Anti-Virus program (if you have one) from scanning your FSX directory.

It's all explained in the How to Install FSX that I linked to in the post above.

Never heard of resetting to factory settings.  I did a Google and, in Windows 10 you will get the option to keep your files or Remove Everything.  I guess this is the new term for System Restore except that it has the capability to go even further.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi guys, right so I did a complete reset of my PC, Installed FSX:SE following all the procedures suggested, all firewalls an anti virus turned off, I've excluded my FSX folder from being scanned. I added aerosoft a319/20/21 addon, pmdg 737/777 add on, AS16 and VFX central add on, I also have added the following add on airports, Aerosofts LEIB,LEPA,LCLK along with Zante X and UK2000's EGKK EGLL EGGW.

i managed to complete return flights one day one from egkk lepa A321, day two Egkk Leib and egkk lepa A320 day 3 egkk Lepa B737 then this morning I went to do a flightq in A320 and 2 minutes after take off it struck again. :( Any ideas? (I rebuilt my FSX.cfg after the 1st CTD, managed to get to the decent part of my flight and it crashed again) 

Not sure if this is any help to you. 

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          07/06/2017 09:28:21
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-HIV9U26
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9307, time stamp: 0x589acae6
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process ID: 0x3320
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2df661479da6b
Faulting application path: D:\DMain\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9307_none_d0882a20442f72e4\MSVCR80.dll
Report ID: 4b7b591a-f763-493b-8fdd-a38bd63cb4a6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-06-07T08:28:21.870715400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3826</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-HIV9U26</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.62615.0</Data>
    <Data>559f9a9a</Data>
    <Data>MSVCR80.dll</Data>
    <Data>8.0.50727.9307</Data>
    <Data>589acae6</Data>
    <Data>c000000d</Data>
    <Data>00008aa0</Data>
    <Data>3320</Data>
    <Data>01d2df661479da6b</Data>
    <Data>D:\DMain\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9307_none_d0882a20442f72e4\MSVCR80.dll</Data>
    <Data>4b7b591a-f763-493b-8fdd-a38bd63cb4a6</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

There are 2 installers in your ..\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2005\ folder. Did you run them both?

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

There are 2 installers in your ..\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2005\ folder. Did you run them both?

no I didn't run any off them. I shall do this now. 

I just ran this program. 

installer http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html It will install all latest C++ libraries, in case some addon installed older version. Check this link from time to time, it is allways up to date.