Sign in to follow this  
ega

WOAI traffic in P3D v4

Yes FAIB and FSP models all work flawlessly as they are fully native. AIA also released an FSX model update pack here in the library they also work.

Don't despair there are large scale efforts within the AI community to update as many models as possible. Doing it properly takes a bit of time though.

Just a word too about these AI packages. As things stand only WOAI are authorised by almost all freeware authors to use their works. Anything else currently is pirateware.

The sad thing is nobody ever asks, if someone who wanted to create one of these packages by co-operation with and working with the freeware AI community we would happily talk about it just like WOAI did. But nobody ever bothers they would just rather rip off.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, atco said:

Yes FAIB and FSP models all work flawlessly as they are fully native. AIA also released an FSX model update pack here in the library they also work.

Don't despair there are large scale efforts within the AI community to update as many models as possible. Doing it properly takes a bit of time though.

Just a word too about these AI packages. As things stand only WOAI are authorised by almost all freeware authors to use their works. Anything else currently is pirateware.

The sad thing is nobody ever asks, if someone who wanted to create one of these packages by co-operation with and working with the freeware AI community we would happily talk about it just like WOAI did. But nobody ever bothers they would just rather rip off.

That's awesome news!  I don't like the payware AI packages.  And AIFP makes updating everything a snap. 

Yeah someone in my VA once said "what's wrong with someone just doing the work to update and repackage these AI?"  I said nothing is wrong with it.  IF they sent an email and got permission from the AI model makers and the people who originally created the packages.  But like you said they never do.  Takes 30 secs to write an email!  lol.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 hours ago, Mr_LoL said:

I've received the links (quick guy) downloading now. 

Ay feedack on this ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

45 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Ay feedack on this ?

Since the product was determined to be using models without permission - all links have been removed. Further discussion of an illegal product will not be allowed.

Thanx!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Since the product was determined to be using models without permission - all links have been removed. Further discussion of an illegal product will not be allowed.

Thanx!

Fair enough Vic.and rightly so.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did anyone manage to run the AirTrafficManager?

I installed the relevant simconnects but had no luck... Propably it's time to try FSUIPC to manage the amount of AI traffic since it's heavy on fps with max settings.

The development release will work in v4. At left of the site

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

1 hour ago, Seat* said:

The development release will work in v4. At left of the site

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

/Thomas

I guess that's the tool to edit flightplans and so on. What I mean is the AirTrafficManager (AirTraffic Optimizer) to reduce the traffic.

See this thread: 

Just use FSUIPC 5 to optimize AI Traffic.

16 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Just use FSUIPC 5 to optimize AI Traffic.

Does the free version has this option enabled or only the payware?

5 hours ago, onurair said:

I guess that's the tool to edit flightplans and so on. What I mean is the AirTrafficManager (AirTraffic Optimizer) to reduce the traffic.

See this thread: 

I've been using this too with v3. However, John from Orbx said AI and road traffic have been optimized and no longer hit on the frame rate.

Forget VAS and OOMs, and FPS is excellent (see the FPS counters in some shots above with all sliders maxxed). Furthermore, AI and road traffic has been super optimised without no FPS impact so you can roads and skies filled to the brim.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135405-prepar3d-v4-64bit-orbx-preview-4k-screenshots/

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I've been using this too with v3. However, John from Orbx said AI and road traffic have been optimized and no longer hit on the frame rate.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135405-prepar3d-v4-64bit-orbx-preview-4k-screenshots/

Well road traffic is definetly, I can crank it up to 80% without performance loss. But things change when using AI air traffic. I have a huge loss at settings around 50%.
So either we find a way to use traffic optimizer or FSUIPC is the tool to go with v4.

Just to answer OP's original question, no, WOAI as it stands does not work in P3Dv4.  Missing under-carriage, black textures, invisible aircraft.

Awesome to hear developers they are working to update their aircraft.  Let's give them all the encouragement and support we can guys to give them motivation.

Oh, and about no impact on FPS... definately better with road AI and alot smoother but air traffic is still a big hit.  Tried a payware and it dropped my FPS by 10!  Come-on WOAI when we need you, ha! :biggrin:

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

17 minutes ago, onurair said:

Well road traffic is definetly, I can crank it up to 80% without performance loss. But things change when using AI air traffic. I have a huge loss at settings around 50%.
So either we find a way to use traffic optimizer or FSUIPC is the tool to go with v4.

FSUIPC will work fine no doubt.

7 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

but air traffic is still a big hit.  Tried a payware and it dropped my FPS by 10!

That's a bummer. I don't have v4 yet but everyone was on about AI traffic having been 'super-optimized'...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD