Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Community Update #2 Announced

Hi guys! Last week, we mentioned we were going to update Flight Sim World this week, however we have decided to push it back to the end of next week so we can roll some extras in there for you. This update will focus mainly on feedback we have received from you on our aircraft in addition to performance improvements and various other fixes.

Items that are confirmed for the update next week are as follows:

Performance

We have improved performance in full screen mode for those of you running multiple monitor setups. Additionally, loading times have been improved.

PA-18 Super Cub

• Airspeed indicator calibration has been corrected
  • Reconfigured instrument panel to improve eye-line
  • Contact point adjustments to improve tire/ground contact

PA-28 Cherokee

• Starter torque has been increased to aid cold starts
  • Airspeed indicator calibration has been corrected
  • Optimizations across cockpit instrument selection models

PA-34 Seneca

• Attitude functionality improvements

PA-46 Malibu Mirage

• Annunciator PROP HEAT functionality corrected along with two overhead switches
  •  External glass visibility improved
  • Fixed compass/dial/VOR gauge functionalities

DA40/DA42 Twin/Twinstar

• G1000- functionality improvements
  • Corrected tooltips

RV7       

All aircraft

Gauge highlights now functional across all aircraft. Additionally, we have implemented logic improvements across aircraft auto-pilot systems.

Additional Fixes

• Addressed erroneous paths in Pro Mission editor startup
  • Fix crash related to use of Sidewinder 2 joysticks. Please note force feedback has been disabled for these joysticks.
  • ATC can now be closed with the hotkey.
  • Comms widget is now auto-closed if it doesn’t contain tabs.
  • Server name and password dialogues now sort correctly with flight planner in Multiplayer mode
  • Various crash fixes
  • Various localization fixes

We would like to thank everyone who has helped bring issues to our attention so far, and we look forward to continuing to work with you moving forwards.

Remember, if you experience any issues, please contact the support team at dovetailgames.kayako.com.

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to sharing this update with you next week!

• Upvote 12

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Thanks a bunch Aimee, looking forward to the update.

Do you think the dev team could sneak in a couple of other things:

• Add 20 and 30 mile visibility levels to the weather visibility slider
  • Change the cloud cover slider to set cloud cover in Oktas

Those would be really nice changes and hopefully not too difficult?

Barry Friedman

Excellent news. Lots of cool fixes on that list.

Loading times have been improved?!! Damn, I was already impressed with those as it was. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, fshobby said:

• Change the cloud cover slider to set cloud cover in Oktas

Those would be really nice changes and hopefully not too difficult?

Not if we want to get it released on time ;)

We are still collecting feedback for future updates on our DTG and Steam forums though, so if you pop in there with your ideas they will be looked at!

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

1 minute ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Not if we want to get it released on time ;)

We are still collecting feedback for future updates on our DTG and Steam forums though, so if you pop in there with your ideas they will be looked at!

Oh well, I figured I'd give it a shot given it's a big annoyance, for me anyway.

I already posted the same comments in the DTG forums so hopefully it's been picked up.

Barry Friedman

1 hour ago, fshobby said:

I was hoping for the same as I tend to use 20 mile visibilty in FSX.  I've not tried changing anything yet but the visibility seems to be controlled by the "VisibilityPreset1.json" etc. files in the .....FSW\uidata\weatherpresets folder.  They can be opened, and presumably edited, in notepad but whether trying to add additional ones would break the GUI I know not!  Perhaps editing one of the existing ones might be a temporary fix.

5 hours ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Fix crash related to use of Sidewinder 2 joysticks. Please note force feedback has been disabled for these joysticks.

Is it planned to make force-feedback available?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

7 hours ago, fshobby said:

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with this and put in a request as well over at DTG. This is badly needed IMO; 40 mile vis is a little much, the 10 mile vis setting needs work (just not correct or realistic looking). Adding a 20/30 or even a 25 would help a great deal. Eventually I guess the goal is a whole new weather system but in the meantime a couple of extra vis settings to the existing system would be great.

Ken

Thanks for the heads up.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Is there a map you can open while in flight like FSX has? If there is please tell me how to get to it. If there is not please put this on your update list.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Aimee,

I do not know whether or not you have followed or taken note of any of my FSW comments lately, but I would like to let you know that this type of communication

with the community is exactly what we need for you to continue.  Well done...keep this up and you have my support. Further updates to FSW as and when they come are going

to be very much appreciated by the community too.

Thank you

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

8 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Is it planned to make force-feedback available?

The issue isn't on our end I'm afraid, but we are trying to get it sorted out!

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

I hope the force feedback can be re-enabled. I'm using a Sidewinder 2 and did not encounter any crashes (but I only have 5 hours flight time in FSW so far). I realize it is an old stick, but it is still held in high regard by many.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

Aimee,

that's Great News for us FSW users !

If you could also look at the free castering modelling in the Cub, that would be excellent!

As it is modelled right now, it's tailwheel is steerable / attached to the rudder, while in the real thing it's free castering and the only way to taxi such an aircraft is through the use of differential braking ( toe brakes )...

And now for something I always ask for :-) - when will it be possible to set a full date in Free Flight ? I need to check the consistency of daylight and Moon phase modelling !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Have to give full marks to DTG for keeping us informed on stuff and evidently being on the case with regard to further development. Very impressed. :biggrin:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here