Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Community Update #2 Announced

43 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to create that guide.  well done.  Ill spend time with it and see what I can learn.

My biggest frustration has been that I tend to fly in HDG mode and if you try that, the minute you try to click ALT or VS, it will disable HDG mode.  and I saw no way to adjust VS or ALT on either Senaca or Malibu.  but you have shown me there is a way. 

Thanks. :)

I didn't create the guide, it was someone else on the Steam forums.

Enabling ALT doesn't disable HDG, but enabling VS does. However, as you'll see in the guide, you actually don't need to enable VS in the main autopilot console. I don't know why it's even there.

On 2017-06-08 at 1:26 PM, sightseer said:

I expected the autopilots to be fixed but if they did then it didn't make it onto my install.  I don't see any change in either the Senaca or the Malibu Mirage.  maybe its just me.  after flying for 37 years I suddenly have no idea how to operate an AP.

Most of the avionics bugs that were reported on the DTG support forum are still there.

The Malibu HSI and VOR2 gauges were fixed, but the autopilots are still broken.

Bert

I can't, for instance, properly set an ALT or VS target, and activate it, in either the Seneca or Malibu....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Obviously early days and this is only one of (hopefully) many and indeed more substantial updates.

However as I counselled in a couple of other threads. This is DTG. The train simmers know how they do things and have got their number. Don't expect their approach to FSW to be radically different. Their primary motivation is getting a product in the state where they can sell to the casual "ooh" and "wow" customer base, who will then hand over £££ $$$ for lots of DLC.

Several of the annoying bugs in the default planes have been fixed in this update. :biggrin:

Good job DT!

where is this update?  is it a beta or something?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

8 hours ago, sightseer said:

where is this update?  is it a beta or something?

If you have FSW Early Access installed, it will auto-update whenever updates are available..

Bert

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you have FSW Early Access installed, it will auto-update whenever updates are available..

Thanks, Bert.  I thought I was still on 16555 and I saw mention of the 17047 update and so I asked.  but it turns out I am on 17047...just didn't know it...

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.