Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Not seen night lighting quite as well done as this before

Found this on YouTube - amazed me and I use that sim. The OP has put the details of the set up in the notes. I know what I am doing tonight (as well downloading all the my stuff for P3D v4!). 

cheers

Peter

A little too bright at times that seems unrealistic, but overall, nothing beats XP night lighting, and the very reason I keep XP around.... for night flying.  Dynamic lighting is very well done in it. P3D gets the rest of the flying. Hopefully it will make some better inroads as to night lighting too with V4s new SDK and lighting system. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

XP11 certainly has superior lighting. But keep in mind the video above achieved the look via 3rd party shaders. You can use the exact same shaders on P3D and get a similar look (not as good, of course). As an example, here's a P3D screenshot I took via a similar shader. I didn't bother to use an aircraft that supports dynamic lighting, but if you, you can also get similar reflections off the body: 

Screenshot_24.jpg

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

A little too bright at times that seems unrealistic

Yes I agree - I was watching on my iPad on the train in bright sunlight, Having loaded up on my flight sim monitor it is a bit too much!

34 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

P11 certainly has superior lighting. But keep in mind the video above achieved the look via 3rd party shaders. You can use the exact same shaders on P3D and get a similar look (not as good, of course). As an example, here's a P3D screenshot I took via a similar shader. I didn't bother to use an aircraft that supports dynamic lighting, but if you, you can also get similar reflections off the body: 

Thanks Mir - yes its getting there - hopefully P3D V4 will move beyond the 256 dynamic lights at some point. Looking forward to purchasing your products in V4 - I just could not get P3D v3 working with out stutters, blurries and that 'coming into focus' issue - but now with v4 that's gone and smooth as butter on my system and so will be upgrading it with your offerings which look fabulous.

cheers

Peter