Sign in to follow this  
captain420

[Resolved] MyTraffic Pro 6.0a crashes P3D v4

I'm trying to pinpoint as to what is causing my sim to crash. Every time I switch to outside > spot view and then use my hat switch to pan around it crashes. And I am noticing it always crashing when the AI planes are loading. So I am thinking it has to do with some of the models? Can anyone perform a test to see if this happens to them as well.

Start with any plane, and start at PHNL with Active Runway selected... and then switch your view to "Outside > Spot", and then pan to the right of the plane where you can see the airport terminals and planes. Let me know if this will crash your sim.

BTW, I am using the latest FSDT Honolulu Airport as well. Not sure if this or MT6 is causing the crash.

Edited by Poppet
[Resolved]

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It's possible but not likely. Some of the models from specific flight schedules are for FS9, a format which is no longer supported in P3d  V4. I will try to make a list of the FS9 models and post it in this thread. 

I converted those in my MyT 6 installation  to P3d/FSX format models which still allows them to be used, but one loses the model animations.

jabloomf1230, this problem is really bothering me, seems to only happen at PHNL and at a specific scenario. Is there a way to temporarily disable MT6 AI traffic to see if thats the cause? Do I edit my dll.xml file or something?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

jabloomf1230, this problem is really bothering me, seems to only happen at PHNL and at a specific scenario. Is there a way to temporarily disable MT6 AI traffic to see if thats the cause? Do I edit my dll.xml file or something?

Should just be able to set the MyTraffic scenery to Enabled=False in your scenery.cfg. That way if it doesn't help you only have to set it back to True.

I'm kind of nervous about editing the scenery.cfg file. I've read that if you're not careful or using a wrong program to edit it, it can result in crashing your sim.

Can I use the default notepad or sublime text editor to edit it and save the file?

First, just uncheck the My Traffic entry in your scenery library directly from P3d's menu. No editing of scenery.cfg required. Second, here's a list of the FS8/9 aircraft models:

AS365MX B707MTM B742MTM BJ400 CV440MX DC6MX 
DC8-50MX DC10-MTM HarrierMX SH3MX UH1MX UH60MX

Some of these models are not used at all in the 2015 commercial schedule and others are only used in the military schedule. I will check this out further, but like I said above, I don't believe that FS8/9 models will crash P3d V4. They just won't have animations and possibly they may not look quite right. Burkhard Renk the developer of My T 6, was in the process of updating My Traffic 6 when he developed health problems and there has been no word on how he is doing healthwise.

• Upvote 1

You're right, the crashing problem still happens when i deactivate MT6... The only culprit to the problem I can think of has to be FSDT PHNL itself... it always happens when I pan around to the right side of the plane overlooking the terminal buildings.

Could someone else who has FSDT PHNL try this out and see if it crashes P3D v4 as well?