Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Scenery Config editor V3 and V4 ?

Seems like a nightmare since its not compatibel with ORBX and since V4 we now have different entrys outside scenery.cfg.

Anyone have suggestions or  should we just think none VAS issue with V4? In the meentime we have to load all of them with V3 i guess

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

• Upvote 1

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

The latest build seems to work just fine when I tested it now, so a fully compatible release version shouldn't be to far off.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I was wondering  up this utility.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I just tried the 1.1.8 SNAPSHOT version and I got the same error as before ("Can't open the file due to a structural error"). I only even started getting these error messages after I had upgraded and installed all the FTX updates in v4. 

So I'm wondering if @F16_Driver had used it after the FTX upgrades?

Thanks,

Jan

I had FSX SE, did a clean install with Prepared V4. Installed Scenery Configurator 1.17. When I opened it up every scenery has a path that doesn't exist. Maybe it's not ready for the new Prepared. How can I fix this problem?

I have used it after FTX being installed, still no errors with the snapshot I am using. Try re-downloading it again. The first snapshot I tried didn't work correctly.

With the latest snapshot I'm getting the "structural error" message whenever FTX Central has made changes to the scenery.cfg. But not when P3D v4 has made changes.

As far as I can tell, FTX Central saves the scenery.cfg in UTF-16 text format, whereas P3D v4 uses UTF-8. The latest snapshot of 1.1.8 can handle UTF-8 but not UTF-16.

So whenever FTX Central has made changes to scenery.cfg, you can remedy the problem by starting P3D and opening up the Scenery Library, and just unset and set the checkmark for some random entry, which causes P3D to save the scenery.cfg in the correct UTF-8 format which Scenery Config Editor can read. Or you can open scenery.cfg in a text editor like Notepad++ which can convert text encoding formats like UTF-8 and UTF-16 and others.

Hopefully ORBX fixes FTX Central soon so this won't be necessary.

I'm not the techical guy here but the new scenery.cfg is coded differently than the old cfg, and that configurator does not read it correctly, that software application needs to be rewritten for P3D v4 I believe.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The version 1.18 Snapshot works properly  with P3d V4 and all previous versions and sims. Make sure that you set the correct default  sim in the app preferences.

SimStarter NG can do this as well.   A new version is underway over at Aerosoft.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I get "Path does not exist" and a red triangle on all my scenery areas, but they are all in the list. It says 130 areas have errors, why is that?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

59 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I get "Path does not exist" and a red triangle on all my scenery areas, but they are all in the list. It says 130 areas have errors, why is that?

Did you set the default sim correctly? And then "open default"?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Did you set the default sim correctly? And then "open default"?

As i pressed "Find directory in registry" i thought i didn't have to fill the flight simulator directory but it seems like i was wrong. I now filled that and it solved the problem.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White